confused on why this happened

smoothrunnings

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
My wife bought me a brand new Tab S2 LTE from Walmart which she ordered online. The tablet came factory unlocked. I tried my WIND Mobile chip from my phone and wasn't impressed with the connection so I decided to shop around and eventually decided on Fido service. I went to the fido store in Pacific Mall and was told the best option at the time was to take their LG offer which gave me their LG Pad III for zero dollars and pay $15 for 3G tablet service and I could put the sim into my Samsung. I went with this option and didn't think anything else about it.

Unit I arrived in China for my two week vacation which I am still on now. When I attempted to replace the sim in my tablet with any other than my Fido one it boots up asking me for the Sim Network Unlock PIN. If I put the sim in my phone which is unlocked I get no such message. I put my WIND mobile sim in my tablet and get the same message.

So I was like, sigh, WTF!! I checked with a unlocking company and my IMEI doesn't show up on Rogers/Fido. I am not sure what to do next??

I am open to suggestions

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: