Missing options and other things....

Frozen Corpse

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Hello, how's it going? This is my first day with the tablet. I have 30 days to return it to Best Buy if I'm not happy. I jumped from Samsung's Tab S 10.5.

1) The first issue I've witnessed on the first day of owning this tablet is the speakers. It's nice to have quad speakers but it unfortunately vibrates the glass on the back distorting the sound. (very annoying :p)

2) Seeing that this is Samsung's newest tablet, what ever happened to the performance mode? I love using it on my regular #galaxyS8 .

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
1) I'm guessing you don't have a case on it and you have it lying on a surface? If so, that's normal and would happen with any sound coming off of it (unless it vibrates while just holding it or the glass not touching anything, then it's a defective unit).

2) Not sure those options are available to tablets are they're different processors and overall software implementation.

Frozen Corpse

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
1) I'm guessing you don't have a case on it and you have it lying on a surface? If so, that's normal and would happen with any sound coming off of it (unless it vibrates while just holding it or the glass not touching anything, then it's a defective unit).

2) Not sure those options are available to tablets are they're different processors and overall software implementation.
I have my tablet lying flat on the bed or propped up against my pillow. Sorry for not clarifying that....

Frozen Corpse

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site

I've been using Samsung's keyboard cover now for over a week or two and I'm still hearing sound distortions. I believe this is caused by the glass back. Should I replace my Tab S3???

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I just got one recently and I haven't heard any distortion with the Keyboard case (which I ended up returning because I really didn't like the single-angle thing) so I just got a cheaper Poetic slimline case and kept my BT mini-keyboard handy.

Frozen Corpse

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
I just got one recently and I haven't heard any distortion with the Keyboard case (which I ended up returning because I really didn't like the single-angle thing) so I just got a cheaper Poetic slimline case and kept my BT mini-keyboard handy.
There's distortion regardless if I have a case on it or not. I'll probably return it today at Best Buy for another one.