Mounting an HDD

Jrlaw44

Sep 16, 2017
Visit site
I recently got the Tab S3 and I love it so far. I'm trying to use an 1TB external HDD but I can't find it in "My Files" or anywhere else. I'm using a micro USB hub that allows me to connect a power source as well as the HDD. I also reformatted the HDD to exFAT because of recommendations that I found for mounting older tablets with HDDs. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? Thanks.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I recently got the Tab S3 and I love it so far. I'm trying to use an 1TB external HDD but I can't find it in "My Files" or anywhere else. I'm using a micro USB hub that allows me to connect a power source as well as the HDD. I also reformatted the HDD to exFAT because of recommendations that I found for mounting older tablets with HDDs. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? Thanks.

It's possible the Tab 3 doesn't support that large of a drive. Also you mentioned your MicroUSB Hub allows you to connect a power source. are you using said power source, because the drive itself may also not be getting enough power

Soundman72

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
exFAT will work as well as long as it's not NTFS. The OP stated they already had it formatted exFAT
That wouldn't cause the issue

Yeah my bad teach me to not read it all.

But you do need another file Explorer to see an external hdd seem to be the way across samsung tablets