Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 Stuck On Samsung Logo after i shut it down

jnutt23

Dec 19, 2017
Visit site
I'm seeing you guys fixed it for the Tab 2 but I have the Tab 3. I initially got one from Verizon but it was dropped and apparently nobody knows how to fix the screen or if they do it's incredibly pricey. So I bought one from Best Buy that's Wi-fi only during the Cyber Monday deals. I went to shut it down and when it reboots it stays on the screen where the Samsung Logo and doesn't move on from there. I'm on my 3rd unit now. Same issue. Just went to restart it last night. Same deal. A buddy said it might be a Nougat issue? Is there anything I can do to fix this? I love the Tab but Samsung's support on the device has been "well you must have got it wet" instead of listening to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm probably taking THIS one back for another replacement OR if there is a way to fix the screen on the Verizon one, I might do that instead.

I can't get the machine to turn off. It just sits on the Samsung logo. Tried a soft reset by holding the power button and the volume down. And it did the same thing.

The first unit is definitely a broken screen. I watched it happen. I was traveling and it fell and cracked the screen. I dunno if anything else was damaged but i doubt it

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It's not a screen issue -- it's most likely a firmware or motherboard issue. But if the same thing keeps happening, it's also possible that you're installing something that is causing instability. Can you boot the tablet into Safe Mode?

jnutt23

Dec 19, 2017
Visit site
sorry, wouldn't let me reply at first....

I can't get the machine to turn off. It just sits on the Samsung logo. Tried a soft reset by holding the power button and the volume down. And it did the same thing.

The first unit is definitely a broken screen. I watched it happen. I was traveling and it fell and cracked the screen. I dunno if anything else was damaged but i doubt it

jnutt23

Dec 19, 2017
Visit site
and nothing was installing at the time. I was watching a game on the NHL.TV app and it was going slow so I was just resetting it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Pressing and holding Power and Vol Down for about 20 seconds is supposed to force a shutdown -- are you saying that it does nothing, or that it shuts down, but then immediately restarts and freezes on the logo again?

jnutt23

Dec 19, 2017
Visit site
i held the power button and vol down button for maybe 7 seconds or so, not 20. Maybe I'll try that when i get home. But yeah, it just goes to the samsung logo and sits there. It's the logo you get RIGHT Before the bottom buttons light up.