Finding App details

ganguy

Jul 31, 2017
Visit site
I have been using a game app on my Tab S3, and my wife would like it on her Tab S2.
I can't find it through the Play Store on either Tab. I find dozens like it by different vendor/developers, but not the one I want.
I feel if I could find more information on my app, I might be able to find it. There's not much inf on the Settings/app page.
I'm using the Brick Classic game, if that helps, but nothing under that name is this game.
Thoughts anyone?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Did you install the game through the Play Store originally or did you side-load it? If it doesn't show on either device, the app/game might either not be available anymore or not compatible with whatever OS version the tablets are on.

If you go to the game's detail in your tablet's settings (or by long-pressing on the game icon and selecting the INFO button) you should see an 'App details in store' section at the bottom.

If the game is still available on the play store but not compatible, you should still be able to see it on the Play Store webpage (on a computer or desktop mode on your mobile browser), where you would see if the game cannot be installed on a certain device due to incompatibility.

Another possibility is that you downloaded this from a different store (Amazon or Samsung's) and isn't available on the Google one.

ganguy

Jul 31, 2017
Visit site
Following your instructions to identify the app, I got the message "Not found in store" So I guess it was removed. It still plays well on my device. Is there any way to move an app from one tab to another? I guess not otherwise who would buy one?
Thanks for your help.

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Following your instructions to identify the app, I got the message "Not found in store" So I guess it was removed. It still plays well on my device. Is there any way to move an app from one tab to another? I guess not otherwise who would buy one?
Thanks for your help.

Get an app called Apk Extractor. Then you can extract the apk, which is the install file for an app. Save the apk to a cloud storage, dropbox, google drive, box, etc, then get a link for it, download on the other tablet & install. Just make sure on tablet two, you have enabled to allow unknown sources.

ganguy

Jul 31, 2017
Visit site
Ok,
I've sent it to the other computer using Apk Extractor, now how to I get it installed? Your help is appreciated!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Depends on the app (never used APK extractor so don't know if it has any specifics) but most of the time there should be an APK file produced. Just copy that to your device, find it on a File Manager and manually install ('Unknown Sources' installation permission must be granted first).

ganguy

Jul 31, 2017
Visit site
Thanks, that went well.
I like APK Extractor, very user-friendly.
This stuff is easy for you folks, tougher for us oldies!
Cheers

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, that went well.
I like APK Extractor, very user-friendly.
This stuff is easy for you folks, tougher for us oldies!
Cheers

young folks? HAHAAHA I certainly do NOT qualify for that. I am close to 70, but have been doing this stuff for half a century , in one form or another, made my career from tech, and now retired, just comes second nature to me, but I am NOT young :)

Glad it worked, apk extractor is a very handy tool. :) I use it all the time, to get apks to load to my filelinked store :)