Samsung 12" tablets

scott15851

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys probably not the right place, but figured it was the most current thread.
Anything in the works from Samsung? Looking for a 12" note type tablet.
I have the original 10.1 wifi from 2013 and the thing is a dog.
Stopped by best buy and the S4 just didn't do it for me. I even looked at the Galaxy book I think it was called at Verizon. But saw the specs weren't that great.
Also is the newer Samsung tablets synce to a phone like the iPhone do, where you can get your texts and stuff right on the tablet, or do you have to use the side sync?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Samsung isn't working on a bigger tablet other than the Windows ones or the huge-butt one that's just unwieldly from last year. The Tab S5 is rumored to come out alongside the Note 10 this year but that's pretty likely to remain in the 10.X category.

As for notifications and texts, yes, you'd need an extra piece of software, but it's no longer SideSync as this app has been deprecated and will not work with newer devices. Now the app of choice is Flow (which, sadly, lost the screen mirroring feature that made me like SideSync so much).

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I have the old 12.2 Note. I love the device for viewing media, but not as a work tablet. I had the old Note 8 tablet and that was great. Easy to take notes in meetings. My main use of the Samsung Note devices. I find the 12.2 too be to big and heavy to hold in my hands and take notes. For me personally once past 10 inches a tablet loses its usefulness. I am better of with my notebook.

I use my tablets to use MS apps on the go. O365, MS Teams, Onenote etc... I am also a major SPen user.

john905r

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
the only tablet bigger than 10.5 is the Galaxy View 2. it's a 17.3 screen. it's available on AT&T or the Samsung website.