S-pen Issues

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
So I think my digitizer is messed up. I have no issues with my finger on the screen but when i go to write on the screen I noticed one spot that wasn't working.

See attached I never took my pen off the screen and color all over. in the spots in the middle where you see the blue line I had to press really hard. Also if you see the curve like at the top of the pink those were straight lines. I was wondering if anyone else would try this on a black background to see if your does the same.

Tab S6  screen write.jpg

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Try rebooting see if it's ok
So I think my digitizer is messed up. I have no issues with my finger on the screen but when i go to write on the screen I noticed one spot that wasn't working.

See attached I never took my pen off the screen and color all over. in the spots in the middle where you see the blue line I had to press really hard. Also if you see the curve like at the top of the pink those were straight lines. I was wondering if anyone else would try this on a black background to see if your does the same.

View attachment 311709

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Magnetic case... that was the cause. I guess this is good to have here in case anyone else has this issue.

I got it from Amazon...LOL

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Yes magnetic.... I like it and still use it. But if I need to take notes I can remove it. Much easier than the OEM case.

rfortson

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Interesting, especially since I just got the Samsung book cover and it uses magnets. But I tried scribbling all over the screen like the OP and had no problems.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I have the keyboard case and when I want to take notes I just detach the keyboard.

So the official Samsung causes the problem also???

The Keyboard case is fine since it doesn't use magnets. My problem was with a aftermarket magnetic book cover style case. Works great except the area right in the middle. From what rfortson says the factory book cover case uses magnets and doesn't have the issue. For a $40 price difference I will just pull the case off when I want to take notes.

This is the after market case that is giving me issues. But like I said I am keeping it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6675264

RickInHouston

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Another thing about the MOKO case...

When you use it to tilt the tablet at about 45 degrees, as soon as the small flap magnets engage the back of the tablet - the tablet turns off. You have to press the power button to get it to turn on again.

I'm returning this one to Amazon and purchasing the Samsung. Gotta use my $50 off gift card somehow.

Can others confirm this issue?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress