[HOW TO] SPRINT ACTIVATION BYPASS: WiFi ONLY

mmathai77

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
*ROOT Required! - These instructions pretty much just tell you to delete/rename/move 1 file. I tried to be detailed as I could.

1) I used Root explorer and went to:
/system/app/

2) put the folder in R/W mode (look at top for button)

3) now look for -
sprintadroidextension.apk

4) long hold press it, either copy it and paste it in another folder as backup.

5) go back to /system/app/ and long hold press sprintadroidextension.apk
again and Delete it.

6) put the folder back in R/O mode.

Now restart and you should not see anymore activation messages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =]

Thank you to [XDA]: foxmeister, sirmacbeth, rkmj

RKMJ stated you can try to use Titanium Backup and freeze the app instead of deleting it. I just deleted it and it WORKS =].

I also saved a backup in another folder so in case i need the app i'll have it.
I'll try to upload the apk for anyone who needs it later.

I made a separate topic on this because 1) i tried it and it worked 2) the other thread is confusing and can lead you to brick your sprint tab fast.

mmathai77

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
actually that ONLY works for VZW Galaxy Tabs.
So far there is no Method for bypass the activation screen on a SPRINT Galaxy Tab with button sequence.

- So the solution I gave above WORKs, and ONLY works for SPRINT Galaxy Tabs. The VZW method DOES NOT Work for SPRINT Galaxy Tabs.

AlpineM3#AC

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I just rooted and was looking to freeze the sprintactivation apk, but cannot find it using Titanium.......any thoughts?

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk

bosco388

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
*ROOT Required! - These instructions pretty much just tell you to delete/rename/move 1 file. I tried to be detailed as I could.

1) I used Root explorer and went to:
/system/app/

2) put the folder in R/W mode (look at top for button)

3) now look for -
sprintadroidextension.apk

4) long hold press it, either copy it and paste it in another folder as backup.

5) go back to /system/app/ and long hold press sprintadroidextension.apk
again and Delete it.

6) put the folder back in R/O mode.

Now restart and you should not see anymore activation messages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =]

Thank you to [XDA]: foxmeister, sirmacbeth, rkmj

RKMJ stated you can try to use Titanium Backup and freeze the app instead of deleting it. I just deleted it and it WORKS =].

I also saved a backup in another folder so in case i need the app i'll have it.
I'll try to upload the apk for anyone who needs it later.

I made a separate topic on this because 1) i tried it and it worked 2) the other thread is confusing and can lead you to brick your sprint tab fast.

God I love this site!!!!!!!!!!

teamfoster03

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for the NOOB question.
I just purchased the tab on sprint and just skipped the activation. It works fine as a wifi only device. what am i missing here? why root just bypass it and move on. what does the activation do for you?

CarToyz One

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for the NOOB question.
I just purchased the tab on sprint and just skipped the activation. It works fine as a wifi only device. what am i missing here? why root just bypass it and move on. what does the activation do for you?
I did the same thing just skipped/ignored the activation. And since I have an HTC EVO - I just use the TAB in Airplane Mode and WiFi, only turning on GPS when I need it.

Last edited:

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I have a new Galaxy Tab, 7" Unrooted, Version 2.3.4 . There is no option to select wifi only after the reset is completed.

I get the keyboard screen and hit NEXT. There is no option here to select WIFI ONLY. Any new Ideas?

Thanks,
extraclass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa