ADW Launcher EX on wifi Tab??????????

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
For some reason it won't show up for the Wifi tab. The Android market says it's not a compatible device :(

IIJBII

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
For some reason it won't show up for the Wifi tab. The Android market says it's not a compatible device :(

I ran into the same thing. There are apps that don't show up in the Market on the Wifi Galaxy tab (Google Voice & Go Launcher) are two examples.

I've been using Google to find the APK's for the device. Once you download the APK to your computer you can mount your tab and drop the APK in a folder (or somewhere you can find it). Before you try to install/open the APK make sure "Unknown sources" is checked in settings -> Applications. Once you're done transferring the APK's unmount the device and use a file explorer (ES File explores as an example) to locate the APK.Click on the APK's you transferred and you can install them to your device.

This is the only "solution" I've found so far. Hopefully there is a better way to work around this in the future but for now this works (at least for me).

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
put this link in your galaxy tab's browser

download/install
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

I ran into the same thing. There are apps that don't show up in the Market on the Wifi Galaxy tab (Google Voice & Go Launcher) are two examples.

I've been using Google to find the APK's for the device. Once you download the APK to your computer you can mount your tab and drop the APK in a folder (or somewhere you can find it). Before you try to install/open the APK make sure "Unknown sources" is checked in settings -> Applications. Once you're done transferring the APK's unmount the device and use a file explorer (ES File explores as an example) to locate the APK.Click on the APK's you transferred and you can install them to your device.

This is the only "solution" I've found so far. Hopefully there is a better way to work around this in the future but for now this works (at least for me).

I never thought to download them via APK, thanks for the heads up guys :)

I did find out that Open Home does show up in the market with the Wifi tab and have been using that since I got it. I like the customization options with OH and I saw that you can even use ADW themes with it if you want.

circleinsidebox

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

i was doing that at first until i realized you
can just use the browser on your tab to dl the apk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FergusonMiriam