It was short... Could have been sweeter

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I gave up my Samsung watch 4. It turned out to be the most unreliable device ever. It was an LTE, but that function only worked when it felt like it even in areas with full service. Notifications were not text messages or emails, it was unrelated stuff like Google ads and Samsung ads. The battery life was insulting, having to charge after every workout and then at the end of the day and then waking up... And Samsung Health... Yawn. So when i couldn't call my partner after having a panic attack while on a walk, i decided enough was enough.

I am now sporting a fabulous sports watch from Polar, the Grit X Pro. I take my phone everywhere so reaching out is not an issue. All i get from my GXP is health and fitness based as well as a fabulous mapping system that includes Back Track, so i never get lost. The health and fitness data are unmatched by any other, the app is super user friendly and it's data that actually makes sense to my doctor.

I do miss certain features from Samsung but not enough to make me go back especially since i can access all those features from my phone.

I also think that Samsung put out a really disappointing and overpriced product in the watch 5 (I see it as an overpriced watch 4) so it was time to end the frustration and move on.

I absolutely love my S22U and my Tab 8+ but i don't think I'll go back to a Samsung watch after experiencing Polar.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Did you ever reach out to Samsung or try to get a replacement watch? Having used pretty much every Galaxy Watch version (before and after Wear OS), I can tell you that MY experience is the complete opposite and have never had issues with the devices (other than the quirks inherent of both watch OS's when it comes to missing features or annoying required interactions). I've only used one of them on LTE, but also never had issues with that one (T-Mobile).

But maybe that kind of watch wasn't for you, as it seems you do prefer the more fitness-centric Polar one.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Did you ever reach out to Samsung or try to get a replacement watch? Having used pretty much every Galaxy Watch version (before and after Wear OS), I can tell you that MY experience is the complete opposite and have never had issues with the devices (other than the quirks inherent of both watch OS's when it comes to missing features or annoying required interactions). I've only used one of them on LTE, but also never had issues with that one (T-Mobile).

But maybe that kind of watch wasn't for you, as it seems you do prefer the more fitness-centric Polar one.

Wouldn't have helped, the battery life on the Watch 4 was pretty awful. Haven't really experienced any of the OPs other issues (And I've never had an LTE watch), but the **** poor battery I can attest to.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I have LTE version and never had any of the OP's issues. Battery life I do agree could have been better, but I think most of that was Samsung used to small of a battery. The battery on the watch 5 pro is bigger and lasts longer.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk