Is there a way to add exercises that are not already prelisted?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have started going to hot yoga but am not able to track it on my Galaxy Watch. There is only regular yoga but I know hot yoga burns more calories and Im not able to track it correctly. Is there a way to add hot yoga to my exercises?

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have not been able to figure out a way to add exercises to the watch. The S health app on the phone has a much larger variety of choices.

Peter621022

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I have started going to hot yoga but am not able to track it on my Galaxy Watch. There is only regular yoga but I know hot yoga burns more calories and Im not able to track it correctly. Is there a way to add hot yoga to my exercises?

I'd choose yoga as the exercise to track, as the most simular to hot yoga in training type.
According to this article, burnt calories are probably calculated using your heart rate during exercise and accelerometer meaurements (in combination with parameters like age, weight, gender that don't change to define your Basal Metabolic Rate). Only Samsung knows what the calculation is actually based on.
For a more accurate calculation also respiratory rate and body/skin temperature (making "hot yoga" hot?) should be included, but those parameters aren't measured by the watch (and most other fitness trackers), so the calculation is inaccurate by definition.
So even if you could choose/add hot yoga as exercise, I'd expect the watch won't give you a better result.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty