I Think My Watch Died :(

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Took it off the charger today. It was at 100%. Everything was fine. A few hours later I flicked my wrist to see what time it was and nothing. I pressed the top button...nothing. Pressed the bottom button. Nothing. The green lights on back were still flashing. When I got home I put it on the charger. The screen still didn't come on. Light on charger was red. Kept it on the charger for about 2 hours and when I checked, the watch face was still black and now the green lights on back aren't flashing at all. Watch is 17 months old. VERY gently used/worn. I probably wear it, at most, 2x a week and just a few hours while I'm out. Is there a sequence of button pushes to try a FR?

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Took it off the charger today. It was at 100%. Everything was fine. A few hours later I flicked my wrist to see what time it was and nothing. I pressed the top button...nothing. Pressed the bottom button. Nothing. The green lights on back were still flashing. When I got home I put it on the charger. The screen still didn't come on. Light on charger was red. Kept it on the charger for about 2 hours and when I checked, the watch face was still black and now the green lights on back aren't flashing at all. Watch is 17 months old. VERY gently used/worn. I probably wear it, at most, 2x a week and just a few hours while I'm out. Is there a sequence of button pushes to try a FR?

You can factory reset using the wearable app.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Glad you got it back! I was a week shy of my 1year got mine at BB. Found the back sensor this little black circle piece had fallen off my watch and I didn't know it been wearing it. Then it stopped charging and was getting hot when I put in on the charger I got a message about it. Was told I was under warranty to send it back in this was over a month ago. I was told I was covered under warranty. Then they tell me it had liquid damage and I had to pay over $200 bucks to have it fixed. I never once showered with it or got it wet at all. Then they sent it back to me with a note saying receipt not valid couldn't find anything wrong with the watch. It was crazy! They kept lying to me and telling me different stories. I am so mad at Samsung right now.

Finally someone on the Samsung Community PM'D me and said send the watch back again you have a new ticket # I have you set up for an exchange and I was given a new ticket #. I sent it back on April 13th and have still been waiting was supposed to have it back within 4 business days. I keep calling and yesterday I was told my latest ticket # got cancelled and they have no idea why. So now I am going on supposedly my 3rd ticket #. The person from Samsung Community is not responding anymore and I was told my new ticket # has to be under review and someone was supposed to email me back today about it. I am so aggravated right now. I had a Gear S3 which my husband has now and got the galaxy watch April 2nd 2019. I don't know what their is to review I just want my watched fixed or an exchange like I was promised. Several people on the Samsung Community talked about a bad batch of watches and the sensor thing falling off the back.

Anyone else have this problem? We buy so much Samsung I am upset they are treating me like this. Because I have the S10 Plus I want to stay with Samsung and I love being able to take a call from my watch. I see now their is an Active 2 which I really like and may just have to buy it if they don't help me. It's Crazy!

Thank you. Got it back. Scary tho that it just seemingly died like that.

tmccormick87

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I got a Galaxy 42mm the end of November 2018 and I have loved it. However the sensor fell off of mine too earlier this year. I was able to catch it and glued it back on with teensy dots of super glue and it has stayed so far. But suddenly about 3 weeks ago the battery has severely declined. I've gone from charging it every couple of days to basically twice a day now just to keep it topped off for work and sleep. I broke down and did a factory reset last night and left as many apps off as I could that I don't use. I hadn't changed any watch faces or anything so I'm just wondering if it's the unavoidable age of the watch? It won't be 2 years old until December 1st. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Seems like a FR is the last option and I've done that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo