How's your experience so far?

bxrider117

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
So I received my pre-order on Tuesday and I was thinking of selling the flip cause I just wanted the benefit of the watch 5 and pro 2 ear buds.
But because I am a phone hore I could not resist trying out the flip. So today is my 2nd day and 1st day on a full charge from this morning which started at 830am. I did try the flip 3 when it was released but I sent that phone back after a few days cause of the battery life.
Samsung has addressed the battery issue with the flip 4. It is 140pm right now and I'm at 85% battery with 30 minutes of screen time. I'm still trying to get used to the side fingerprint scanner and the overall feel of the phone.
I'm curious to here how everyone else feels about the flip 4.
I'm still on the fence to keep or go back to using my s22 plus.

Beachboy63

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
Like you, I'm deciding whether to keep the Flip 4 or my S22 Plus. This is my second full day with the Flip. I'm at 50% battery with screen on time of 3 hours 11 minutes. That seems pretty good to me. So far I'm liking the phone but haven't made a decision yet.

bxrider117

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Like you, I'm deciding whether to keep the Flip 4 or my S22 Plus. This is my second full day with the Flip. I'm at 50% battery with screen on time of 3 hours 11 minutes. That seems pretty good to me. So far I'm liking the phone but haven't made a decision yet.

Thanks for the feedback. That's great to know. On my s22 plus I mostly get that same performance of 3hours screen in time with 50% battery left but that phone had a bigger battery. I'm selling my pixel 6 and my watch 4 and buds pro so I can buy a flip 3 to trade in.
This phone definitely feels like keeper.

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm all in right now after 2 days. I'm coming from the s22 ultra. I will say the battery might be in issue for me. Yesterday I only got to about 9 pm with 5% battery left. I'm used to being at like 40% with my ultra. I think overall I'm just going to have to get used to charging it mid day.

So far I'm loving how small it gets when folded. It's such a relief from the ultra. The phone doesn't stick out of my pocket. When open it feels great. I like how thing it is. So far so good here!

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm seriously considering returning the flip 4 and sticking with my s22 ultra. Not because the flip 4 is no good, far from it. Samsung just didn't do enough with this device IMO. The outer display was supposed to have been larger, and the crease far less visible than on the 3. None of which turned out to be true. Yes most year to year upgrades on all devices are just incremental. But those two things I mentioned were the main reasons I was really excited about the flip 4.

I'm still sold on flip devices. But I may just sit back and wait to see if Moto ever releases the razr 2022 in the US. That device has a far less visible crease and more outer display functionality. Then again Moto is bad with supporting devices.So I may just wait for the flip 5.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm seriously considering returning the flip 4 and sticking with my s22 ultra. Not because the flip 4 is no good, far from it. Samsung just didn't do enough with this device IMO. The outer display was supposed to have been larger, and the crease far less visible than on the 3. None of which turned out to be true. Yes most year to year upgrades on all devices are just incremental. But those two things I mentioned were the main reasons I was really excited about the flip 4.

I'm still sold on flip devices. But I may just sit back and wait to see if Moto ever releases the razr 2022 in the US. That device has a far less visible crease and more outer display functionality. Then again Moto is bad with supporting devices.So I may just wait for the flip 5.
So you didn't know that the outter display didn't increase over the flip 3 before you purchased it? Serious question. I feel like they wanted to address the battery and make it better before worrying about the front screen. The flip 3 was a great device and the flip 4 continues that with a bigger battery.

fredwardnelson

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

You knew that when you ordered it though, strange. Well whatever, that's why they have the return policy. The Razr 2022 doesn't have a IPX rating like the Flip 4. If that's the reason for the crease (ppl are saying it is) then I say keep it in.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'd say it's good to try out new experiences and it's great that you are seeing an improvement in battery life from before! Keep us posted on what happens with your Flip 4!

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Like I said battery life was my only complaint with the Flip³ and after about a week I'm pleased with the upgrade.

andee1517

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm liking it too. Have a S22+ to trade in and leaning in that direction. Battery life is slowly improving. My biggest concern was the keyboard. Portrait mode is not the greatest but expected with the slightly slimmer profile. Landscape has been a little bit of a challenge to get used to but is getting better too. That would have been my deal breaker. Don't think I am using the outer screen to it's potential yet. Was listening to music the other day and could not get the song to advance on that screen. I think you are supposed to be able to. I can honestly say the crease has not bothered me at all, at least not so far! I didn't install all my apps to start since wasn't sure I was going to keep but am slowly reinstalling now. I also got the buds and Watch 5. Still futzing with getting the band on (those @#$#@ pins!) Tried the buds once. Sound was good and very easy set-up. I think I need to change the tip. Was hearing a lot of air whooshing while I was listening - don't think I had the best fit tip. Minor things. Overall, good experience with the new toys!!

Forgot to mention the FPS. Takes a little time to get accustomed to location. Sometimes I find myself staring at the fingerprint icon on the screen but less and less wanting to press it now! . And I have found accuracy to be very good!!

Last edited:

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
So I received my pre-order on Tuesday and I was thinking of selling the flip cause I just wanted the benefit of the watch 5 and pro 2 ear buds.
But because I am a phone hore I could not resist trying out the flip. So today is my 2nd day and 1st day on a full charge from this morning which started at 830am. I did try the flip 3 when it was released but I sent that phone back after a few days cause of the battery life.
Samsung has addressed the battery issue with the flip 4. It is 140pm right now and I'm at 85% battery with 30 minutes of screen time. I'm still trying to get used to the side fingerprint scanner and the overall feel of the phone.
I'm curious to here how everyone else feels about the flip 4.
I'm still on the fence to keep or go back to using my s22 plus.

I ordered on launch day via Rogers Wireless. Signed up for the early promo offers, free buds2 pro and 100$off. Haven't used the promo codes. Message me direct if you want them. Ii looove the new battery life. I can now go a full day, from wakeup to bedtime without needing a battery charge.

johnnyo812

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
I came from the Samsung S20 FE. I'm loving it. Plenty of battery. Love the size when folded and also when open. The Cover Screen is great for Samsung Pay.

MrVeda

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Coming from an S21+, I tried both the s22 ultra and s22 plus but both of them had such weak vibration motors and haptic and I missed many calls and notifications. Now back on S21+ but would love to know if the Flip 4 still has the same weaker vibration motor as is the S22 series? Or any improvement?

Roadie29

Oct 25, 2017
Visit site
5 days in now, coming from a S22 Ultra and so far I'm very pleased with the device. You really can't compare the two devices but what I like most is the portability, feel in your hands as it's really light, and the strong vibration motor. I'm going to give it another 5 days and then decide if it's a keeper or a return. I tried Cover OS which has a ton of features but I find the price for full functionality far too expensive considering I may swap this out in less than a year. I'll update again in a few days.