Go Back Gesture triggering split view mode - how to stop it?

rimz808

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
For some reason, at random times when I go to swipe from right to left on the right side of my fold 4 while open for the go-back gesture, it instead goes into split mode. I have done everything to try to replicate my gesture, but I cannot seem to find what triggers the split view mode. Just to be clear, I do not want to activate the split view mode when doing the Go back gesture.

Any suggestions on what settings i should perhaps look at?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Which gesture your using top or bottom?
f9b4738bc68d3daf74703e0c0c40e6ce.jpg

Sent from my SM-F721U1 using Tapatalk

rimz808

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
my navigation is set to the bottom like yours, swipe from bottom and side, which I do want.

I also want labs split view to be on as I do use the 2 finger swipe to get into split view when I want (that works), but for some reason when in just use 1 finger to gesture back.. it sometimes enters split view.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
It could just be phantom touches... make sure you aren't touching the screen anywhere else with bare skin or anything else conductive.

You could also try making sure the screen is clean.

rimz808

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
It could just be phantom touches... make sure you aren't touching the screen anywhere else with bare skin or anything else conductive.

You could also try making sure the screen is clean.

I think you are correct. When using my right hand to do the go-back gesture, I think sometimes part of my thumb palm is touching the bottom right corner of the screen and so it picks it up as 2 fingers gesture, which activates the split view.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I think you are correct. When using my right hand to do the go-back gesture, I think sometimes part of my thumb palm is touching the bottom right corner of the screen and so it picks it up as 2 fingers gesture, which activates the split view.

Occams Razor... Good luck breaking the habit!