Anyone returning their Gear 2?

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I think people returning might be ones who expected too much for what they thought it would be.

Loved my gear 1 and bet will love my gear 2

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I think people returning might be ones who expected too much for what they thought it would be.

Loved my gear 1 and bet will love my gear 2

My only serious issue is battery life (as noted by me in other threads) and I will be more happy with the watch when I can speak replies to Hangouts messages. Right now that a big omission IMO.

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Well if I loved the gear 1 no reason why I wouldn't love an even better device In the 2

That's a fairly logical assumption, one which I made myself and now that I have a Gear 2, I can state that my assumption was spot on. I find that whether you like or dislike something has a LOT to do with what you expected out of it regardless of whether you were realistic or not. I didn't expect any more than what I got (actually got more than I expected) so I am quite happy with it. That isn't by accident either. Before I buy something electronic, I do a fair amount of research on it so I am rarely surprised by it.

Lynette Kocialski

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Personally, I like my Gear 2. Sure the apps are sparse but get better every day. This is a new OS and wearables are in their infancy. The future is exciting but in the meantime I'm enjoying my smartwatch. So, no I am not returning it!

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Have had my G2 one day now, just got a chance to start playing with it a couple hours ago. It's too early to really decide but right now, I'm unfortunately, not overly impressed. I love the idea of the watch "in theory" but I have quite a small wrist and this thing is HUGE on me. Husband called it gaudy looking on my little wrist. It's also in my opinion more a guy-look than girl.

I don't know yet if I'll keep it or not. I haven't even taken the plastic off the screen because I don't want to scratch it in case I return it and don't want to waste a screen protector that I could also return if I don't use it.

There are a few things I do like about it but I'm thinking I may return it, wait awhile and buy one after they've downsized it considerably and maybe make one that's more feminine looking. What I do like about it isn't worth nearly the $300 I paid for it, at least not that I've found so far. But I want to give it a chance, too, so the jury is still out on keep-it or return-it.

JacksonEdwardHarrison

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Have had my G2 one day now, just got a chance to start playing with it a couple hours ago. It's too early to really decide but right now, I'm unfortunately, not overly impressed. I love the idea of the watch "in theory" but I have quite a small wrist and this thing is HUGE on me. Husband called it gaudy looking on my little wrist. It's also in my opinion more a guy-look than girl.

I don't know yet if I'll keep it or not. I haven't even taken the plastic off the screen because I don't want to scratch it in case I return it and don't want to waste a screen protector that I could also return if I don't use it.

There are a few things I do like about it but I'm thinking I may return it, wait awhile and buy one after they've downsized it considerably and maybe make one that's more feminine looking. What I do like about it isn't worth nearly the $300 I paid for it, at least not that I've found so far. But I want to give it a chance, too, so the jury is still out on keep-it or return-it.

Don't listen to your husband! What does he know about fashion?!? 😛

I agree that it is a different look for a woman, but not bad. You have the gold G2, yes? I'd say accessorize it! Throw on lots of bracelets and bangles. Brown, black, gold, rose gold, leather, metal, whatever. We're in a fun time in fashion for accessories. It's hard to do too much.

I hope you give it a fair chance, only because I have found mine so useful. But ultimately, if it's not your style, or isn't useful to you, I'd say return it for something that makes you happier. Life's too short to have regrets! Best of luck.

PicsPlay_1400448199062.jpg

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Here's some pic with different bands and bracelets. ..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1400457262769.jpg
    1400457262769.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 1400457282904.jpg
    1400457282904.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 1400457300510.jpg
    1400457300510.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 27

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Nice idea but I don't wear jewelry. I can't even wear this watch to work because we're not allowed to have smart anything in my office.

Hubby's kidding doesn't bother me. It's my own opinion but this watch is just really big on me.

Deb from my Note 3

Hufza

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm also a small girl, but I like my Gear 2. Before I got it I was afraid of that it would be too big for me, but I don't think it is. But I have had big watches a while. I had a Sony Smartwatch 2 before, and I recently found the box for my old Casio Camera Wristwatch that I had 10 years ago. It could take pictures with the resolution 176 x 144 pixels - in colors - and had 1 MB of memory. :)

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

If they downsize it how do you expect to be able to read anything on the screen? Do you mean thinner or do you mean smaller overall? I can't imagine having a SmartWatch that is tiny. I mean the idea is that there is a screen that one can read information on

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
My wife has a small wrist so the watch looks pretty big on her but she loves this thing. It's all a matter of personal preference so some people with small wrists love the watch and other people just can't handle the size

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site

I don't know which watch you got but I totally disagree with your hubby. The size of the watch has nothing to do it with it either as MANY women's fashion watches are HUGE. Obviously I'm a little biased as I own one but I don't think my watch looks that bad and my wrists aren't huge. Average maybe. It probably would look weird on my sister however because she is ridiculously skinny. Still, as I stated, there are a lot of oversize watches out there. It sounds like you're "not overly impressed" simply because of the size. You really could have figured that out just by going to the store and trying it on. As for downsizing it, I totally don't get that. What exactly is the point of having a smart watch that is so small as to make it useless? Do you want something that is fashionably smart or do you want somethng functional? These watches are designed to provide information and perform functions in a useful manner. I just don't see how it can do that in something smaller. Oh and for what it's worth, I don't care what ANYONE thinks of my watch. I bought it for me for what it can provide me, NOT as a fashion accessory (although I do happen to love the look of it - I have the chocolate/gold one)

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
If they downsize it how do you expect to be able to read anything on the screen? Do you mean thinner or do you mean smaller overall? I can't imagine having a SmartWatch that is tiny. I mean the idea is that there is a screen that one can read information on

There would still be plenty of room. First of all the icons don't need to be styled in a bold'ish style, they could use a thinner style to save some space and they themselves could be downsized just a pinch or two. Like maybe enough to make 6 icons on a page instead of 4.

Take a look at how much border there is around the top and bottom of the screen as compared to the sides. Downsizing the top and bottom to the size of the sides would take a 1/2" or maybe a little more off the length.

I have my font set on small and I have lousy eyesight, with my glasses on I can see the font just fine. Would I want the small size font any smaller? Probably not but they could do that and then downsize the medium and large a bit.

I would also like to see it thinner. The downsized it once, I have faith they could and probably will again with newer models. It's all doable I'm sure.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't know which watch you got but I totally disagree with your hubby. The size of the watch has nothing to do it with it either as MANY women's fashion watches are HUGE. Obviously I'm a little biased as I own one but I don't think my watch looks that bad and my wrists aren't huge. Average maybe. It probably would look weird on my sister however because she is ridiculously skinny. Still, as I stated, there are a lot of oversize watches out there. It sounds like you're "not overly impressed" simply because of the size. You really could have figured that out just by going to the store and trying it on. As for downsizing it, I totally don't get that. What exactly is the point of having a smart watch that is so small as to make it useless? Do you want something that is fashionably smart or do you want somethng functional? These watches are designed to provide information and perform functions in a useful manner. I just don't see how it can do that in something smaller. Oh and for what it's worth, I don't care what ANYONE thinks of my watch. I bought it for me for what it can provide me, NOT as a fashion accessory (although I do happen to love the look of it - I have the chocolate/gold one)

Oh, I know there are huge watches out there for women, I just prefer something not so huge for myself. I get it that it's not a fashion accessory, but to me it's still pretty guy-ish looking (which I think is mostly contributed to the band).

As for trying it on at a store, none of the stores where I live carry it, I'd have to travel a minimum of about 50mi one way just to try on a watch? Nah. Hubby's kidding doesn't bother me and neither would anyone else's really because like you said it's for me. In fact I wish I could wear it to work but I can't. So for me, I'd like to see a few changes that's all I'm saying.

I do think a more feminine band matching the rose gold would help me like it more :) but I'm not ready to spend more money on it until I decide if I'm going to keep it or not.

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Oh, I know there are huge watches out there for women, I just prefer something not so huge for myself. I get it that it's not a fashion accessory, but to me it's still pretty guy-ish looking (which I think is mostly contributed to the band).

As for trying it on at a store, none of the stores where I live carry it, I'd have to travel a minimum of about 50mi one way just to try on a watch? Nah. Hubby's kidding doesn't bother me and neither would anyone else's really because like you said it's for me. In fact I wish I could wear it to work but I can't. So for me, I'd like to see a few changes that's all I'm saying.

I do think a more feminine band matching the rose gold would help me like it more :) but I'm not ready to spend more money on it until I decide if I'm going to keep it or not.

Well, you can change the band to other "normal" kinds of bands but I don't think it looks that bad but then I'm not really a girly girl type if you know what I mean. I hear what you're saying about going 50 mi to see it but when you're considering spending that much money on something you're likely to be using for a good long while, I would think it would justify the trip. If you're even questioning that, then maybe it isn't the thing for you. I personally never buy expensive electronic stuff without laying eyes and hands on it, regardless of whether I have to travel to see it (unless I know exactly what I'm getting).