S Health

530XI

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Why is it that my Neo shows up as a compatible device in S Health yet it does nothing within the app (Note 3)? Am I missing something? The pedometer doesn't sync, I ride my bike for over 700 calories and it doesn't sync. The heart rate doesn't sync. Hopefully this is a programming error and not a hardware limitation.

tcjohnsson

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Why is it that my Neo shows up as a compatible device in S Health yet it does nothing within the app (Note 3)? Am I missing something? The pedometer doesn't sync, I ride my bike for over 700 calories and it doesn't sync. The heart rate doesn't sync. Hopefully this is a programming error and not a hardware limitation.

The app is completely broken. It has never worked properly with the Note 3. "Fitness with Gear" is also broken and does not work with the Note 3. It received an average 1 star rating from 280 users before Samsung pulled it recently. You'll just have to wait and keep your fingers crossed that Samsung fixes it. If you depend on the fitness features (i.e. HRM/pedometer and syncing of this data with your S Health account) I suggest you return it within the return policy period and then buy it again once Samsung comes up with a fix. That way you can have a fair chance to evaluate the Gear's features when they actually work.

530XI

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I actually have been considering returning the watch. I do like it for some of the other features though and am torn between waiting for a fix and continuing to use it. Does the S Health app work properly with any of the Samsung phones?

Civuck

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
In the same boat here. The amount of bugs, inconsistencies and just plain problems with the S Health and Fitness With Gear apps is really trying my patience. I'm very close to returning my Neo as my return window is closing in.

Further, I was appalled at the logged data after a 50 minute treadmill run today. The treadmill indicated 5 km ran and 300 calories burned while the Neo reported 8 km ran and 800 calories burned. I believe the gyms treadmill.

schultz84

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I bought the gear fit 2 weeks ago. S Health is supposed to interact with the fitness band but I have version 2.5.4.066 on my s4. Checking for updates through the app states it is the latest version. I know it isn't because it will only look for the original gear watch not the gear FIT.I called Samsung 3 times and got absolutely nothing from them. I looked online and found 7 new updates on Aptoid with the latest version being 3.1.0.0020. This version is not available through samsung apps or Google play store. I tried downloading it but it states I need to update health services on my phone. I can't find that anywhere and feel like I've looked everywhere possible so I have to revert back to the original version. My phone is an ATT S4 running 4.4.2 Kit Kat which I updated the day I bought the Gear Fit.

Any advice would be better than what I've heard from Samsung.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez