Is there any way to stop many multiple notifications from my email accounts?

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
any way to stop many multiple notifications from my email accounts?

I get at least 3 notifications on gear 2 from gmail and other email accounts. my wife has the same watch, only Gmail account, and no problem.

I just noticed FIVE notifications on the watch, for one particular email. what a botched mess they made of this watch.

It was reset a while back but that had no effect. It reset when I deleted GM from my phone and during the installation, that forced a reset. Thank you SAMSUNG--NOT!

Last edited:

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: any way to stop many multiple notifications from my email accounts?

I get at least 3 notifications on gear 2 from gmail and other email accounts. my wife has the same watch, only Gmail account, and no problem.

I just noticed FIVE notifications on the watch, for one particular email. what a botched mess they made of this watch.

It was reset a while back but that had no effect. It reset when I deleted GM from my phone and during the installation, that forced a reset. Thank you SAMSUNG--NOT!

Is it too late to return it? I have the Moto 360 and have enjoyed it much more than when I had my Gear 2 Neo.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

LOL! I've had it since launch and I generally like it so that's not an option. I don't want a round faced smartwatch and I like that the G2 has a TV remote function as well as other features others dont

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

LOL! I've had it since launch and I generally like it so that's not an option. I don't want a round faced smartwatch and I like that the G2 has a TV remote function as well as other features others dont

I gotcha, I wasn't a huge fan of the round face at first but I have grown to like it. I like the watch face selection for Android wear.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

I reset the watch last night. too early to tell if it fixed the multiple notifications, but I'm cautious optimistic.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

The reset didn't fix squat! I still get many notifications for my emails. what a crock of s****

I'm beginning to hate this watch. after all this time, still no way to reply to hangouts messages, no decent launcher, and all these extra notifications. Bad and lacking software ruined this watches' chance to shine in the marketplace

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

I just got the watch and haven't had that problem. One notification for each individual email.

Maybe remove all email notifications, then put them back on.

Posted via Android Central App

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

that's been done along with resets. my wife's watch has never had that problem. it's plagued me for ages now.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Actually I notice mine does that too. But only one my outlook (hotmail.com) account. I haven't noticed it on my gmail account or my outlook only account (set up for a message board that I don't want either of those accounts connected to--this one has an @outlook.com email account). Which email are you using? Is it the same as your wife?

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

its my gmail acct and hers is different. been happening no matter how many watch resets. I'm at a loss to determine why she says she doesn't get redundant notifications on her watch.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

Try stopping all gmail notifications from gmail app in phone. Uncheck gmail under apps notifications in gear manager. Set up samsung stock email to get gmail. Allow notications. Check email under notifications app in gear manager. See if Samsung stock app works better.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

One thing I might add is that when I open up Gmail, the act of having the app open seems to trigger more notifications to the watch--notifications that had already been received by the watch prior to opening Gmail on my phone. IIRC, this happens when I open Gmail on my computer as well, but I really need to pay more attention to see if that is really the case. If it were a systemic issue with Gmail I doubt my wife would say she never gets multiple notifications on her Gear 2 which she wears every day. I haven't as of yet applied totally scientific testing to this issue but I may take the time to do that soon.

NoFaQ

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site

One thing I might add is that when I open up Gmail, the act of having the app open seems to trigger more notifications to the watch--notifications that had already been received by the watch prior to opening Gmail on my phone. IIRC, this happens when I open Gmail on my computer as well, but I really need to pay more attention to see if that is really the case. If it were a systemic issue with Gmail I doubt my wife would say she never gets multiple notifications on her Gear 2 which she wears every day. I haven't as of yet applied totally scientific testing to this issue but I may take the time to do that soon.

Quick question: In Gear Manager, Notifications, do you have the 'Limit Notifications' checked. That should at least stop the notifications coming across if you are actively using your phone with the screen on.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

no i dont. i cant enable that because I don't use a screen lock, according to Gear Manager error message when I try to check that box. thanks for the suggestion though

Ed Hald

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I HAVE ASIMILAR ISSUE BUT I GETat least 2 notifications on my s2 from GMail. stock email, FACEBOOK, TWITTER AND MESSAGING. I have a verizon Galaxy S5 with lollipop. It has always done this . This week it stopped getting phone call messsages from my phone The phone call issue started after I got the watch back from samsung, the battery clips broke off so it would not connect to the watch, fortunately Samsung repaired this for no cost.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo