Notifications for Gear S

pacosal

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I keep getting Google now notifications even though I have them turned off in both Notifications and the Gear manager. It's annoying, every couple of minutes I'll get a traffic alert, weather alert, sports score, etc. Google search is what I have Unchecked, is there something I'm missing? The notification is in Notifications for Gear S app.

I will check that!

syrguy1969

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if this app will allow texts to be answered through Contacts+? I am getting more and more interested in this app and that would be the deal-maker for me!!! Thanks for any info!

syrguy1969

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if this app will allow texts to be answered through Contacts+? I am getting more and more interested in this app and that would be the deal-maker for me!!! Thanks for any info!

P.S. Let me as this while I am at it....do texts answered via a 3rd party app through this app create 'conversations or threads' like the stock one does?

spinedoc

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Still getting random Google now alerts from the notifications for gear s apps, weird. For some reason I'm not getting other alerts at all from the app, only Google now ones, which is the one I have unchecked in settings. I'm unable to get this app to really work on my gear S.

pacosal

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Still getting random Google now alerts from the notifications for gear s apps, weird. For some reason I'm not getting other alerts at all from the app, only Google now ones, which is the one I have unchecked in settings. I'm unable to get this app to really work on my gear S.

Hi,

did you select one kind of notifications for this App and the rest for Gear Manager? Maybe there are conflicts with both Apps.

Last edited:

Amit Oberoi

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Icons seem to be changed after the new update. One problem I am facing is that the messages get truncated, I can't see the complete message, not sure it is sometime or everytime.

spinedoc

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

did you select one kind of notifications for this App and the rest for Gear Manager? Maybe there are conflicts with both Apps.

I have some apps duplicated. But even if I turn them off on gear manager I still don't get them through your app. I'll try and uninstall and reinstall to see if that helps.

Fabio Pringeps

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
thanks... so i cannot create a new whatsapp message from the gear s but i can to replay to any message?? can i replay with gear s full keyborard ? or only with porposition for replies?

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Downloaded to support. Thanks for this app!

Paco, for your next project, can you make an audiobook app, with sleep timer and bookmarking?

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Using this app. Like it. When replying to a hangouts message the response shows up in the hangouts thread. Unlike in the stock messaging app that doesn't show your responses in the conversation if you responded via the watch.

Posted via the Android Central App

spinedoc

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Grrrr this app is pissing me off. Constant Google now alerts even though they are shut off. The alerts are in your notifications app and not the stock Gear alerts. I get weather alerts every 5 or so minutes, traffic alerts several times per day, sports scores etc. Google now/search notifications are turned off in both the Gear app and your notifications app and I've scoured my phone and gear and can't find anywhere else I might turn them off.

Also what's up with contact images? They are at a very low resolution but blown up too large and get cut off. Especially with something like group messaging in hangouts. The alerts look really bad because of this. I'm trying to like this app, but at this rate I'm going to end up uninstalling it as more trouble than its worth.

Also semi unrelated but how can I turn off SHealth alerts? I've turned them off in Gear manager, and also inside the SHealth app itself so have no clue why it keeps alerting me how many steps I need to hit my goal.

Last edited:

spinedoc

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Just to add emails in your notifications app are getting cut off very badly. I just got an email message from ATT and all it says in the notifications app alert is "AT", but in the stock Gear alert it has the full email message.

roninksb

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I am getting Google Now and Gmail alerts with this app despite having both uncheck in the app. I also note that no matter how many times I uncheck wechat in the app, whenever I return it is check again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty