gear s sucking my data

a7tl46

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Maybe I'm wrong but the only way to have the note edge call forward to the gear s is to have them connected remotely. Yes? At that point the gear s is sucking the life out of my data. Deactivating data from the service,(att), won't allow voice or text forwarding. Doing it from the note edge or the gear s doesn't stop the drain because I'm still remotely connected. Right? Also am not getting text forwarded to the gear anyway .ATT handed me off to Samsung, who has yet to figure it all out. ??????

riceastwood

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
First question did you just get your watch? Second the only way to have calls and messages go to the watch is Bluetooth and or remote connect. So for battery drain if you just got the watch this will happen at first then work itself out. I had the same issue but the battery is conditioned now and I don't have that problem no more. I would connect to bt if I have my phone with me and remote connect will automatically switch when I am out of bt range. As far as my setup I have data on and mobile connection on auto. Hope this helps.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
My Gear S is remote connected almost all the time and it sips instead of sucking data. So, I'm not sure what is wrong with your Gear S. TBH, I have 15GB shared plan but my watch only uses a few hundred MBs per month. But, you don't need remote connect to the watch to forward the calls. You can do it manually by changing your forwarding phone number on your phone (which defaults to your voice mail number).

a7tl46

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
thanks for the replies. Just got the watch. .Noticed data drain ever 3 hours 12 --6-9-and so on. Was told by att rep that's the system updating apps. said I'm connected to my wifi but was told that doesn't matter. foxbat 121 can you explain the manual change to forwarding to a different number.Right now my phones number answers and forwards to my gear via remote setting. although I'm not getting text forwarded for some reason

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amy453