Verizon watch

judgenot

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
You shouldn't have to turn forwarding off. When you are tethered to the phone your calls won't forward to your watch. When you leave range your phone calls will forward to your watch unless you turn forwarding off. It's a set it once setting.
Turn forwarding on, leave it on, it does the rest.
Make sure you're logged into your Samsung account on your phone, your phone has a data connection of some kind so the forwarding can communicate with your Samsung account as well. Verizon just worded their forwarding option differently than AT&T. It still works the same.

Support Our Troops !!!
<
Beast Mode 4

This does not work for us on verizon as when you ignore a call it will then forward to the watch. Then if you ignore the call again it gets forwarded from watch to voicemail. I've spoken many times with verizon & tried a million different ways. It doesn't work for us because the switch for immediate call forwarding is *72. The watch uses *92

judgenot

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Samsung uses conditional forwarding, not immediate forwarding, on all versions of watch. Not just Verizon version.

That's exactly why I said "THE watch " and not the verizon watch. Since verizon removed the function of the watch that switches off and on call forwarding it cannot be done with a verizon phone & watch. Since it's conditional call forwarding, once a condition is met (decline call, no answer, etc.) The call WILL forward to the watch if left on even if the connection is through Bluetooth.

ddavis1408

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I tried it this evening. I left it connected thru bt and turned on call forwarding. Had a call come thru both (as it should if connected thru bt). Left the house left the phone and broke the bt connection and told my wife to call my phone. After about 5 rings, my watch started ringing and i was able to answer it. So yes it does work the same as auto call forwarding. They for some reason just don't call it that

Posted via the Android Central App

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
What judgenot meant is that if you have your watch connected via BT and call your phone. Let it ring and not pickup. It will eventually goes to your watch's number. Since your watch's radio isn't activated yet, it will go to watch's voice mail instead of your phone's voice mail. If this is the case, that's why Verizon took off the work 'auto'. I have no Verizon watches to test.

But I don't see how an immediate forwarding can help in this case.

judgenot

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
What judgenot meant is that if you have your watch connected via BT and call your phone. Let it ring and not pickup. It will eventually goes to your watch's number. Since your watch's radio isn't activated yet, it will go to watch's voice mail instead of your phone's voice mail. If this is the case, that's why Verizon took off the work 'auto'. I have no Verizon watches to test.

But I don't see how an immediate forwarding can help in this case.

Thank you fox, this is exactly what I've been trying to explain. Davis, I know it will work when you lose bt connection, now try it while connected. If you ignore the call, it rings again on your watch. I do not want to have to ignore a call twice, but if you don't mind that's up to you. the reason I mention immediate call forwarding is because I set a favorite and just press it before I leave the house.Then I use *73 to deactivate. It's all a person's preference but there is absolutely No Auto call forwarding with Verizon period

BarryH_GEG

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm starting to think the differences are less VZW-driven and more CDMA driven. The Sprint and VZW Gears have the same Moments screen with the exception of VZW omitting the connection type notification which is pretty typical of their controlling nature. They also have the same instructions for call forwarding in their respective manuals and neither make any reference to "auto call forwarding;" just call forwarding. So perhaps the CDMA Gear S radio(s) has some type of limitation the GSM radios don't?

GSM
18866627756_a465b8171c_n.jpg

VZW
18706717049_85b574fc67_n.jpg

Sprint
18887671602_6d99f7574d_n.jpg

ddavis1408

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I think I'm still confused because when they are connected bt they both ring right away together. When the bt is lost my one rings about 5 times them my watch starts to ring. To me that would pretty much be auto call forwarding even tho I have it set to on all the time.

Another question is what is the benefits of having my watch connected to WiFi if I'm connected thru bt? I really don't do any surfing on the watch.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I think I'm still confused because when they are connected bt they both ring right away together.
That's way it suppose to work. It has nothing to do with auto forwarding. However, if you don't pick up the call in this case, it should not forward to your watch but instead goes to your phone's voice mail. That's how it works on my AT&T watch.
When the bt is lost my one rings about 5 times them my watch starts to ring. To me that would pretty much be auto call forwarding even tho I have it set to on all the time.
That's just forwarding. Auto forwarding means the watch will tell the phone exactly when it needs to forward the call (after it lost BT connection). And when you are back to BT connection, it will disable the forwarding. One reason you need to do that is you are likely missing out on your watch's voice mail notification when you are connected via BT if forwarding is not turned off.

Another question is what is the benefits of having my watch connected to WiFi if I'm connected thru bt? I really don't do any surfing on the watch.

The only usage of that is for download map data for the Here map app on the watch.

ddavis1408

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Either way mine works just fine when I leave it on all the time. My watch tells me when the bt connection is disconnected. When that happens after 5 rings my watch gets the calls. When I get back into range my watch says bt connected and I get all my calls on my phone and watch the same exact time. Works for me lol

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Imagine this:
You are in a meeting having both the phone and watch with you (BT connected). Someone called and you can't answer it. You press the ignore button to send the call to voice mail. Except in this case, if the forwarding is on, you will never see the voice mail notification (because the call is forwarded to your watch's voice mail instead) until your watch is no longer connected to your phone via BT.