"Always On" Face

vlfifthdawnlv

May 6, 2013
Visit site
With the analog faces, the always on shows an analog face and with digital face, it shows digital.

But beside those 2 faces, any of the face apps have a different "always on" face? Or is there any way or app to have "true" always on? Where your actual watch face is on all the time?

I notice I can never enjoy my watch face. There's like a 1 second delay before it becomes the actual watch face and it only takes me 1 second to read the time so I'm finding myself either not needing to stare at the screen any longer or just pointlessly staring at the face a couple seconds longer just to enjoy the watch face which is really silly if I already know the time.

srz1977

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
There is an app in the Gear store called "I'm alive" or "I am alive." It allows whatever watch-face to always be on.

Uncle Eliot

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Works flawlessly with the S2 and the Note 5. Thanks so much for guiding me to the app. It's very, very quick and easy to go from always on to the regular on-off with a toggle button to tap. Thanks to the developer of the app.

(It is named "I Am Alive".)

Ittlebit

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
That's great, thanks for letting us know. Special thanks to the developer for providing a solution.

Posted via the Android Central App

vlfifthdawnlv

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Well I tested it. It uses around 15% battery a not hour and I had it on brightness 3. Didn't do exact maths, just estimate before I turned it off. I don't think I can have it on for an entire 8 hour work shift and the commute home without dying. It might be best to use only in times where I want to show it off.

nickdeck

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the tip! This app will be very useful, and I hope it's an indicator that more developers will get interested in this watch.

In case anyone's wondering about using the app to leave your watch face on all day, think again. With brightness all the way down to 2, my watch lasted about five hours before kicking itself into power-saving mode. I'm sure it would have gone dead shortly thereafter.

nickdeck

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah can't last all day. I'm hoping there are apps that can change the always on face when it's not active

Yup, there are bound to be any number of ways to modify the "always on" behavior. As I've posted elsewhere, I'm less than happy with how and when the watch wakes up.

John Shaft2

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
I had exactly the same experience: 7 hours with Brightness at level 1. Are there Gear S2 watchfaces with more than this basic default design?? It seems that this is a major disadvantage in day-to-day appearance. Any suggestions? Many thanks.

thestellarinc

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I had exactly the same experience: 7 hours with Brightness at level 1. Are there Gear S2 watchfaces with more than this basic default design?? It seems that this is a major disadvantage in day-to-day appearance. Any suggestions? Many thanks.
I like the syle of the watch face "Clocki (Style 01)" and it has a good digital ambient mode. The ambient mode displays the date and battery level along with the time.
Ambient mode:
bef1275a030030db7d3c8a089ad55e3e.jpg

thestellarinc

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
The developer of the xClock - Agent" face has told me the S2 is not released yet in Poland and when it is he will update the ambient modes. This may be why many faces don't have ambient modes.
Sorry for all the posts, but if a watchface doesn't have a good ambient mode I won't use it. Honestly the ambient mode is what you and others see 90% of the time.

wase4711

May 1, 2010
Visit site
do you need a samsung phone to be able to install the xClock Agent face?
it shows up in my available faces, and there is an install button, but when I click on install, and the "accept and download" button, nothing happens after that..
I am able to install many other things in the Gear S2 store, but not this one,,,,

thanks!