Samsung Gear s2 3g - setting up time

b mcfarland

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
Just got my s2 today from T-Mobile. Started set up, then my phone's battery died. Got everything running again, but the watch continues to say "setting up." Has been setting up for over an hour. Wondering if the disruption screwed up the set up. Any experience with this?

geekaren

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
Have you tried restarting the watch? Agree, it shouldn't be in "setting up" for so long -- I think mine was in "setting up" for about 5 minutes.

b mcfarland

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I did try restarting the watch a few times. Finally, just unpaired the device from the phone. That did the trick. Clearly, the phone dying in the middle of the setup was an issue. Have used the watch all day today - probably overused it. Still, the battery life is unimpressive. I suppose all will even out as I get better at using it (and less apt to "show it off!). I teach middle school so you can imagine how enamored the kiddos were with it!

Thelt2000x

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I did try restarting the watch a few times. Finally, just unpaired the device from the phone. That did the trick. Clearly, the phone dying in the middle of the setup was an issue. Have used the watch all day today - probably overused it. Still, the battery life is unimpressive. I suppose all will even out as I get better at using it (and less apt to "show it off!). I teach middle school so you can imagine how enamored the kiddos were with it!

Not sure if you did this but there is an option to turn of data while connected to your phone. When you disconnect from your phone it will automatically turn back on. Think it's called gear mode? Might help. Also I turned of NFC and WiFi. I really don't need it right now. Do you have always on turned on? That might be an issue too.

I took my watch off the charger at 640am. It is now 735pm and I'm at 24%. Needless to say with it being a new device I have been using it more than usual playing around with it. If I had to guess I probably got 30 notifications. I received a couple calls but did not answer. About 5 mins of milk music.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38