s2 3g for Canada

Georges loi

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
Hello.

I bought a s2 3g from t mobile. Now I would like to use its cellular capabilities with one of the carriers in Canada (bell, Rogers, Telus, videotron).

I have tried with each of them by giving them the e-sim number and they were not able to recognized the number. And frankly they didn't know what was a e-sim.

Is there any ways to have a s2 3g activated to be used in Canada?

Thanks.

miroul

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
Wow, i need to know that as well, My S2 3G is being shipped this week and i need to know if i will be able to activate it on Videotron...

miroul

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
I tried with Videotron yesterday but no luck. I gave them the iccid number (serial number of the esim) but when they tried to enter it in their system as a SIM, it gave them an error. They called technical support while i was there and no one over there knew how to process this. Now, i have been told that Koodo could do it (from a user of a gear s2) on another forum but i havent contacted them yet.

What is your experience so far on your end??? I am having good times results connected using bluetooth and even went for a run using the GPS with Shealth yesterday but i want to use the watch without my phone when i'm out and about. I also own a LG Urbane LTE since the ladt 8 months and it works like a charm in autonomous mode. I just dont like Android Wear that much (Tizen is much more advanced and polished)

Georges loi

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
I tried koodo at a kiosk are the Fairview mall and no luck. Let me know if you have any luck.

I love Tizen. It's fluid and polished like you said and I love the tactile feel of the rotating bezel. It's much better than android wear. There is no recent apps "windows" wind android wear lol!.

I use s health as my work out companion. It's complete and it's working very well with the built in GPS of the watch (no need to have your phone with you to keep track and record your track in a health)

I also have an LG urbane 2nd generation lte lol! It's a well built and beautiful watch.... But I hate android wear. I bought it from someone in the US. I cant have it work on the Bell network. :( It doesn't recognize the network. any idea why ??

miroul

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
Geez, i'm guessing i won't be able to have this watch run in autonomous mode at all then :( I find it odd that the guy i talked to on that forum said it worked on Koodo now that you are telling me this...

Regarding the LG Urbane LTE, i have not tried it on the Bell network (only on Videotron). I purchased the At&t version unlocked. Your problem maybe coming from the fact you got the international version that does not have the LTE bands required to work in North America.

miroul

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
Tried to go to Koodo yesterday but bumped on a closed door at 2:30 pm (they are normally open until 5:00 Pm) .. I called Vidéotron and tried their technical line but again, no luck there (i had small hopes that by talking to a more technical folk i would stand better chances). I am supposed to go to the Galeries D'Anjou, I'll check with other providers at the kiosks i see there.

miroul

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
Ok, finally was able to go to Koodo in Ottawa (i'm here for work). The rep told me that although the watch is probaly unlocked, it won't work because the esim is made to function only with US providers. We did not try to activate since he was sure of what he was telling me (which is possible, i have to agreee...). Anyways, today, i reinstalled my LG Urbane LTE with Android Wear 2.0 Dev Preview 4 and it rocks! I still feel Tizen is a bit better but i must admit that Google really outperformed itself this time :)

miroul

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
I am unsure of what i will doing with my Gear S2... I will wait a bit until i get the steel and sport bands i ordered arrive and then, i might sell it...

miroul

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
It's an unlocked device, so in theory, it shoud have worked. But, ESIM are a different beast than regular Nano or Micro SIMs..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KZCY