Gear S2 or Gear Sport work with iPad mini? Will it work.

giper54

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
I want to buy a smart watch for my kids. They walk and ride their bikes to school, swim, play sports and have a ton of kids to play with on the street. I live near Buffalo so I was thinking the dial on the S2 or Gear Sport would be great for the cold weather. I have old iPad mini 4’s for them and I am wondering if any one else has paired a watch to an iPad mini and had it work well?

I am hoping to have their smart watches linked into the neighbors’ WiFi at the house they play at. That way I can email them when I want them to come home or need to get a hold of them.

My other choice is the new Garmin Vivoactive 3 but it is only touch screen and I am not sure how well that will work I the winter. I am also looking for good battery life too.

anon(9602380)

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
I suggest the Garmin. I use a Garmin Fenix 5s. It will pair very easily to thee iPad. I use mine with my iPhone's and it works really well. Will work just as well with Android phones. As for battery life Garmin is one of the top when it comes to that. I charge mine once every 7 days and it still has 20-30% at the end of 7 days.

May I also suggest Fitbit. Another great device that will work excellent with your iPad. Nowhere near the battery life of a Garmin but Is still a great device. Also a little more reasonably priced.

I have a close friend that had the Gear 2 and really disliked the watch. Wore it for a few weeks and it has been boxed ever since. Battery was not good and the tracking was terrible. The only advantage it will have is that it is LTE. You won't need to have a phone close by.

I hope this info helps you a little. Thanks.

tstreete

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
gear s2 only works with phones, not iPad s or tablets, and wifi-only email is very limited, basically only works fully when paired to a Samsung phone. assume gear sport will be the same. Sorry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non