Some basic questions about my new S2 - help!

Crunchyhippo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
The watch display on my new watch, when I press the top-side button, displays the time. I do it during the night sometimes so I'll know how much time I have left to sleep. But in total darkness, the display is like a spotlight. Unfortunately, I don't know how to turn it off again. I have to wait for the default time to come around before it goes out (set to five minutes), and it's a pain in the neck. What am I doing wrong, or what do I need to set?

Also, I would prefer my time display to remain on during the day at work instead of timing out and going black, even if it means having to charge the watch more often. My watch display is set to five minutes now, which is the longest it'll stay on that I've been able to find. My friend had an S3 and his was set to dim when he wasn't doing anything, and when he went to look at the time, it brightened up (not sure how that happened, but whatever). Can this watch do the same?

Lastly, one of the reasons I got this watch was for the alarm. I managed to set it, but the time came and went and I got no audio notification. Why is that?

I hope this is the right forum for these questions. If not, please let me know the right link for them.

Darwm

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
To turn off the screen just cover the screen with your palm.

To keep the time always on the screen enable Always on Display from the watch settings.

To turn off sound notifications swipe down from the top and turn up the notificatino volume.

Darwm

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
The watch display on my new watch, when I press the top-side button, displays the time. I do it during the night sometimes so I'll know how much time I have left to sleep. But in total darkness, the display is like a spotlight. Unfortunately, I don't know how to turn it off again. I have to wait for the default time to come around before it goes out (set to five minutes), and it's a pain in the neck. What am I doing wrong, or what do I need to set?

Also, I would prefer my time display to remain on during the day at work instead of timing out and going black, even if it means having to charge the watch more often. My watch display is set to five minutes now, which is the longest it'll stay on that I've been able to find. My friend had an S3 and his was set to dim when he wasn't doing anything, and when he went to look at the time, it brightened up (not sure how that happened, but whatever). Can this watch do the same?

Lastly, one of the reasons I got this watch was for the alarm. I managed to set it, but the time came and went and I got no audio notification. Why is that?

I hope this is the right forum for these questions. If not, please let me know the right link for them.

Crunchyhippo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Swipe down? Why would I want to turn up the notification volume? What does that have to do with anything? Sometimes I get ding-dong type notifications; other times I get vibration notifications. I want to disable them all (except the alarm I manually set). How is this done?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87