Gear S3 + smartphone + headset threesome?

Kemal Kinali

Nov 16, 2017
Visit site
I was wondering if I can connect all three? I doubt it but I would like a confirmation.

What I mean is, if I am in the gym and my phone is paired to my headset for music. Can I pair it to the watch at the same time?
Ideally, I would love being able to accept calls from my watch and talk through the headset but that's not gonna happen, is it? If not, it's okay, since I can just answer by using headset buttons BUT, can I at least control my music (stored on phone) through the watch? Skip songs, etc.

Cowboy8467

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes you can absolutely have all three paired, I do it all the time. You can also accept calls on the watch and then by tapping the three dots on the right hand side you can direct the call to the bluetooth headset, so you can initially answer the phone call on your watch and then use your headset to do the talking.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Agreed. I was at the gym yesterday and was paored to my watch and listening to music on my Dre Beats Stuido wireless headphones. No connection or aound quality issues.

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
EDIT*** Faulty information previously shared. Watch and IconX able to pair and connect.

Last edited:

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I've connected my watch to my LG tones no problem. Kind of sucks you can't connect to a pair of Samsung headphones. Nothing surprises me with Samsung anymore after my horrible experience with Samsung care on my note 8.

Kemal Kinali

Nov 16, 2017
Visit site
Agreed. I was at the gym yesterday and was paored to my watch and listening to music on my Dre Beats Stuido wireless headphones. No connection or aound quality issues.

Now that I think about it. Let me get this straight. You were connected to your headphones, but also your phone, right?
Because that's what I'm asking. I have music on my phone (yes, no Spotify) and my headphones are connected to my phone. I can connect my S3 to my phone as well, right?
And keep listening to phone music through headphones and pick up calls through my watch to speak through the headphones? So only use the watch as a remote, if you will?

Airmaxxx

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Just got the IconX 2018. My watch is an S3 with LTE. Would be nice to pair the watch directly to the headphones so I wouldn't have to carry my phone in the gym but it's not possible to connect the two. The watch does have a setting within to connect directly to BT headphones but doesn't work with the Icon X. Upsetting since they're all Samsung products. I was able to connect my watch directly to my car though.
Itinj6,
It is possible to connect them. I have them connected.

Airmaxxx

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I've connected my watch to my LG tones no problem. Kind of sucks you can't connect to a pair of Samsung headphones. Nothing surprises me with Samsung anymore after my horrible experience with Samsung care on my note 8.
You can connect them (S3 LTE & Iconx 2018)

Airmaxxx

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
You can connect them (S3 LTE & Iconx 2018)

9a254ade572075e3107dfd97856e4dce.jpg

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I figured it out. Thanks for the replies. Totally forgot about that little bluetooth connect button in the back of the IconX case. When I tried searching for a device through the watch, it wasnt finding any devices until i hit the button. Definitely read somewhere that the two wouldn't connect (Youtube or some online review) so I wrote it off bit now that i figured it out, it has surpassed my expectations. Love it!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch