Firmware Update Gear S3

BonJoviGurl

Aug 25, 2017
Visit site
i got the update yesterday and now I can't really use my watch, the battery drain is aweful. Yesterday it was 100% and was down to 30% in an hour today I took it off charger at 100% and again an hour later 30% I wasn't wearing it I wanted to see how long it would last, then I put it back on charger, charger is red and still battery drain. The other thing I noticed is I can't have remotely connected without it being bluetooth, what happened there.

Cowboy8467

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
i got the update yesterday and now I can't really use my watch, the battery drain is aweful. Yesterday it was 100% and was down to 30% in an hour today I took it off charger at 100% and again an hour later 30% I wasn't wearing it I wanted to see how long it would last, then I put it back on charger, charger is red and still battery drain. The other thing I noticed is I can't have remotely connected without it being bluetooth, what happened there.

Have you tried doing a factory reset after upgrading?

jgreg02

Aug 11, 2017
Visit site
Any ideas about when AT&T will get around to releasing their update? On BlackBerry items it comes close to never. Are they better with Samsung?

BonJoviGurl

Aug 25, 2017
Visit site
Have you tried doing a factory reset after upgrading?

I am going to try that I just hate haveing to set up everything again, I had to reverify my credit card in Samsung Pay yesterday so I'll have to do that. I also noticed it wasn't 3.0 I got so not even sure what update I got but it really messed things up.

andrewg13

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
After upgrade I seem to have to manually connect when it gets disconnected like due to distance. It used to automatically reconnect. Anyone else see this.

anon(463177)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Ya know... I think I'll just sit and watch this for awhile. Mine works fine and I don't want to screw it up. You folks go ahead and test everything out and I'll learn from you.

smoke skull

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I updated mine yesterday and immediatly noticed huge battery drains. The apps didnt come online for updating until this morning for me. I also switched off the gps but i cant remember if it was enabled before the update or not.
So now the battery drain actually seems better than before the update.
After 5 hours running i have used 7% battery. My watch also only has less than 500mb of free space left.

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Battery life usually suffers for a day or two after a major update.

Come on T-Mobile, push the update!
7b7b6a577b09e2e14696ca8e3fa5f48c.gif

Cowboy8467

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I updated mine yesterday and immediatly noticed huge battery drains. The apps didnt come online for updating until this morning for me. I also switched off the gps but i cant remember if it was enabled before the update or not.
So now the battery drain actually seems better than before the update.
After 5 hours running i have used 7% battery. My watch also only has less than 500mb of free space left.

I am assuming this is with AOD off?

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
my battery drain was massive the day of the update.. hang in there, it will adjust back. now I think my battery usage might be better than before but haven't measured it to confirm. I did an additional reboot or two of the watch on the first day in case that helped anything.

stormywaters

Sep 6, 2017
Visit site
I have a Verizon LTE classic version that I purchased from a friend but I opted not to activate the mobile network service. Any idea of the impact on how my update will be handled without the carrier service?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty