Charging a watch over a laptop

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you plug the Samsung charger into a laptop, sure. How else would you charge the watch "over a laptop"? Just don't use other chargers plugged into the laptop to charge the watch.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
What's the reason you want charge with laptop instead of adapter to the wall ? It will be slower usually with laptop.

Yohnny59

Jan 5, 2020
Visit site
My laptop has been on for almost the entire day, and am most interested in amperage whether it supports clock charging from the laptop

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
My laptop has been on for almost the entire day, and am most interested in amperage whether it supports clock charging from the laptop
I agree with Mustang. I believe that you can charge your watch from the USB on your laptop. It will likely charge at a slow rate.

I don't know of an app that will show charging amperage on a smartwatch, but I use Ampere on my phone.
You could download an app on your phone and check the difference in charging amperage between the laptop and wall charger, to the phone and get an idea of the difference the watch would get.

Yohnny59

Jan 5, 2020
Visit site
my current charger is 700 MaH, just this one from the picture.....
https://www.parts4gsm.com/en/samsung-usb-charger-j120f-galaxy-j1-2016-gh44-028.html

but it doesn't fit me because i can't get the charger input and put the cable in the laptop or external charger, as pictured here:

rsmBwud.jpg

so today i changed the charger with a regular usb cable that i can take out and put in the laptop or charge the clock via a home charger, only now it's a charger from 550 MaH, I guess it won't bother the Output? .......

something like this:
6nx7f0o.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana