cant delete individual apps with connetbox

oluvinu

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
hi, cna anyone help me figure out how to delete apps. i have connectbox and yes i am rooted and i used the joeykrim v7 root i flashed in the recovery mode. i use for example " rm AmazonMp3.apk" but i can not delete instead it says " rm failed for AmazonMp3.apk, no such file or directory"

oluvinu

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
No all I did was when I am in local of connectboc I type is su and the get the # sybol. After that I type rm and then app to delete. Cam you write out the exact process in which to delete individual app??

oluvinu

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi
I went ins su and then went to cd /system/apps but it says "faliled rm amazonmp3.apk, read only file system ".....which I don't understand if I am in root. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

oluvinu

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi
I went ins su and then went to cd /system/apps but it says "faliled rm amazonmp3.apk, read only file system ".....which I don't understand if I am in root. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Jo_795

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi

ok honestly did you not read anything i said? :confused: after you type SU
YOU HAVE TO MOUNT.. IT specifically says it in the instructions to the link i gave you.

oluvinu

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
hi i did not understand the direction then. i thought you mounted the SD card to the computer if you wanted to backup the apps you are deleting?
i have no care or need to keep the apps i dont want. i am trying to get rid of the moxer mail and a few others i never use or want to use.

do i still need to mount if i have no intention of saving the applications ?

Jo_795

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
hi i did not understand the direction then. i thought you mounted the SD card to the computer if you wanted to backup the apps you are deleting?
i have no care or need to keep the apps i dont want. i am trying to get rid of the moxer mail and a few others i never use or want to use.

do i still need to mount if i have no intention of saving the applications ?

you need to mount in order to even go into the directory of cd /system/app

ok ill make it easy for u.. as soon as you connect to connect bot type this:::::::::

su

mount -t rfs -o remount,rw /dev/stl5 /system

cd /system/app

To delete an app, type:
rm [appname].[extension]

After you're done type (IMPORTANT):
mount -t rfs -o remount,ro /dev/stl5 /system

thats all to it..

Jo_795

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
after you type cd /system/app if you type "ls" it shows everyone .apk(program) in that directory ..

let me know if its still confusing.

jdtoga

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Easy Way to delete stock apps

Thanks to another poster on here go to the marketplace and download "titanium backup" Use that. Nothing to it. I got rid of nascar and nfl and the bejeweled demo that Sprint sticks us with. I didn't have to mount the phone or go into the system.

Jo_795

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks to another poster on here go to the marketplace and download "titanium backup" Use that. Nothing to it. I got rid of nascar and nfl and the bejeweled demo that Sprint sticks us with. I didn't have to mount the phone or go into the system.

you can do that but i rather trust command prompts then a program to do it for me especially since its saves in a different format..