Underclock

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Sorry if this should be in the hacking section. Does anyone know if its possible to underclock the Moment's processor to increase battery life? My fiance needs a phone for the entire day and the current solution will the a DC/AC Inverter & house charger, not ideal. Will be better once the car charger shows up, but still......

Droid_Moment

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
I have a car charger for my Moment. I got it at Radioshack, where I got my phone, there isn't one straight from Samsung I don't think but the label on the charger says -something-Go and you can change the little charger thingy where it'll hook up to any phone as long as you have the right plug in.

I'm sure if you were to head in there they'd sell you one? it's like 10 bucks.

jeremylobaugh

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
"overclock widget" works well, but your handset must be rooted. That can be accomplished with a custom ROM. Or, you can take your moment to a sprint store and get the CL14 upgrade. It is supposed to correct the battery life and GPS issues, update a few of the third party apps, and something to do with emergency dialing.

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
"overclock widget" works well, but your handset must be rooted. That can be accomplished with a custom ROM. Or, you can take your moment to a sprint store and get the CL14 upgrade. It is supposed to correct the battery life and GPS issues, update a few of the third party apps, and something to do with emergency dialing.

It still pisses me off that I can do an OTA update on my Hero but not on here Moment :(

land of the trill

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't think Sprint network is really setup well for OTA style updates but for simple bug fixes or patches it should be fine but there is a limit so I'm betting the update was over the supported network limit so you have update via a PC.

rkice14

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't think Sprint network is really setup well for OTA style updates but for simple bug fixes or patches it should be fine but there is a limit so I'm betting the update was over the supported network limit so you have update via a PC.

I don't know about that logic. I received several OTA updates with the palm pre I had before I traded for the Moment.

rkice14

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
OTA updates aren't the issue. Sprint is worried that the updates will brick the phone, as they have in some instances at the repair centres.

That makes a little sense. although a bricked phone is a bricked phone in or out of the store.
Maybe they should do a little more testing before releasing updates?

MattJr35

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
That makes a little sense. although a bricked phone is a bricked phone in or out of the store.
Maybe they should do a little more testing before releasing updates?

Yeah, but if they brick it at a store they at least know how it was bricked. As opposed to having every hacker that bricks their phone bringing it in saying it was "the OTA Upgrade" that did it.