Samsung pay officially released!!

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung Pay Officially Released!

Shouldn't Samsung Pay appear under Settings, NFC and payment, tap and pay? Only Android Pay is there even though I have SP installed as well? How would my phone know to use to Spay at the register if only Android Pay is listed as tap and pay?

The panda has spoken

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: So, Citi card got activated today in Samsung Pay!!!

Not to sound bitchy, but shouldn't Sammy negociate these agreements prior to releasing the app? When you release it, people can use it not wait for their bank to get on board...

The panda has spoken
I may be wrong but I would imagine that many of the financial institutions might be taking a wait and see attitude. Nothing is free and gearing up your internal infrastructure to be able to work with Samsung Pay, all while maintaining high security, is no flip of the switch.

DeepSeaGoddess

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Just installed and it looks like a great thing. Too bad NONE of the cards I use are supported.....oh well. I was really excited about this product. Unless my credit union gets added, I doubt I'll be using it. Does anyone know if it is up to the bank or Samsung to add the cards? If up to the bank I will most definitely email them.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I have promo too..
I love the irony of the free WALLET case. When samsung pay is "supposed" eliminate carrying around physical cards. Lol

Sent using my gorgeous Korean Phone and its clicky stick...
I've updated everything and activated card but still don't see anything in the announcements tab. Wonder if they're out already.

Sent from Da Beast, AKA, The classy white, Galaxy Note 5

walt27

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Doesn't accept my bb&t visa debit card I thought that it would bc it has visa logo

Posted via the Android Central App

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
My bank card doesn't say not supported, it just says failed to register, but I doubt my bank is supported, I really just wanted to activate a card to get a free charger :)

DeepSeaGoddess

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I just emailed my bank and they said they would be supporting Samsung pay in the future but didn't have a release date yet. So, good to know it will eventually be supported.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Check this out! Get a free accessory when you activate Samsung pay!! ☺

Yeah I'm getting the pop-up but when I go to my Announcement page is blank, not even the prior announcements that were there until last night.

** EDIT - Even if it appears again it won't apply to me simply because I live in Puerto Rico, when you look at Samsung Pay webpage it says that is valid only to the 50 states and the District of Columbia. Again, we Puertoricans, being US Citizens by birth, living in a US territory and treated as second class citizens. :(

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Is there anyone here who had been successful with the free accessory offer yet?

Sent from Da Beast, AKA, The classy white, Galaxy Note 5

bobn4burton

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
Re: With Verizon? Want Samsung Pay?

What process do you use to "send the Samsung pay .apk over"?

I have a buddy with at&t note 5, can I get the apk from him somehow?

Never mind, think I figured out how to send the apk over. Looks like there are lots of apps in the play store that do exactly that...send an app/apk from one phone to another.

I really hope this works. I'm traveling but will have my buddy send me his app (he has note5 on at&t) when I get back on wednesday.

Can anyone else confirm that this works?

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
This is false advertisement or bait and switch. They announce the offer but when you register, activate and add a card successfully, they automatically remove the offer so they don't have to fulfill this promotion. This is a lawsuit waiting to happen. I'm glad people took screen shots of this promotion. Keep them so if Samsung denies it, we have proof the offer did exists. We also have the time stamps on the screen shots because it's hard to believe they already ran out in the first couple of minutes of the offer.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Doesn't accept my bb&t visa debit card I thought that it would bc it has visa logo

For the moment, only BoA and Citi issued cards work. Hang in there.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Is the gesture a single finger swipe up? On Nova Prime, two finger swipe up to access settings in Nova Prime.

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: So, Citi card got activated today in Samsung Pay!!!

Added my Citi debit card. My chase, Barclay and Capital One will have to wait but I don't use them as much as my debit card anyway so I'm all set.

DeepSeaGoddess

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I got the offer popup, added a card (one that I won't use but only card available for it right now) and went under 'more, announcements' and it's blank. No offer listed.

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Just got this notification from Samsung pay.... Offer still doesn't appear in announcement yet.

Attachments

• 1479.jpg
    1479.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 53

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95