Supported banks, cards

supert1020

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I have a lot of friends who have wells cargo and they aren't a bank Samsung Pay is compatible with yet. My advise if you can't wait open up a checking account with US bank or bank of America it only took me a half an hour and 3 days to get my card and I was using Samsung pay. It might be months before we see other banks on board. Samsung Pay is worth the effort. The banks who got on board first should be rewarded.

Posted via the Android Central App

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Can someone please verify Visa Cards from B of A that are "rewards" cards can be registered and used with Samsung Pay? Thanks.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
I saw on another thread that Pre-Paid cards are Not supported.

I found in the following article where the author used a prepaid US bank card. I wonder which of U.S. Bank prepaid card she used.

so I tested Samsung Pay using a loaner phone and a $50 prepaid U.S. Bank card.

since I cannot post links yet, go the verge website and look for the article "/samsung-pay-review-mobile-payments-service"

ApexDestroyer

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
I got an email from Chase today saying that my new debit card (with embedded chip) is on its way. The email also mentions ApplePay and ?Google Wallet? but nothing about Samsung Pay or Android Pay.
This is copied from the email:
"If you have any merchants who automatically bill this card, please send them your new card information when it arrives. If you use a mobile payment service (for example ApplePay or Google Wallet), you may need to update your information. For your reference, we have listed a few merchants tied to your Chase Debit Card below."

Last edited:

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I have a lot of friends who have wells cargo and they aren't a bank Samsung Pay is compatible with yet. My advise if you can't wait open up a checking account with US bank or bank of America it only took me a half an hour and 3 days to get my card and I was using Samsung pay. It might be months before we see other banks on board. Samsung Pay is worth the effort. The banks who got on board first should be rewarded.

How did you get the card in 3 days. I got an email Monday. Saying it will take 7-10 days.

Keegen

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
The two cards I use, Capitol One and Boeing Employees Credit Union. Apparently I'm going to "stay tuned"

Attachments

• 36164.jpg
    36164.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 159
  • 36165.jpg
    36165.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 159

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
That's good news about BECU, as I emailed them last week asking about their support of Samsung Pay. Let's hope it doesn't take too long!

Comicfandroid

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Did anyone ever get any more information about prepaid cards? I got one from US Bank and it said it wasn't supported so I have no idea what she was using in the Verge article.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Did anyone ever get any more information about prepaid cards? I got one from US Bank and it said it wasn't supported so I have no idea what she was using in the Verge article.

I have been wondering that myself. I am thinking it was a gift card since she specifically said it was a 50 dollar vista card she was using. I left a message in their forum hoping for more info but nothing. I tried calling U.S. Bank and the person I talked to knew nothing. I tried contact form on their site but it was ignored. Maybe it means I should not do business with that bank :)

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
T-Mobile debit card not supported. John Legere need to get on that instead of periscoping daily.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I tweeted chase today and they said it's coming later this year. Just wanted to see if there was a change

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Capital One just releas3d nfc payment feature on their banking app so I guess they're not interested in supporting Samsung Pay. And with the phasing out of the magnetic stripe cards, I don't see Samsung Pay lasting too long. When it comes to NFC payment, each bank will roll out their own app so what'll be the advantage of Samsung or Android Pay? Maybe only that you would have cards from multiple issuers in the same app, for simplicity.

The panda has spoken

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Capital One just releas3d nfc payment feature on their banking app so I guess they're not interested in supporting Samsung Pay. And with the phasing out of the magnetic stripe cards, I don't see Samsung Pay lasting too long. When it comes to NFC payment, each bank will roll out their own app so what'll be the advantage of Samsung or Android Pay? Maybe only that you would have cards from multiple issuers in the same app, for simplicity.

The panda has spoken

Chair will dictate how it goes I would assume. I don't know many people who use Capital one

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87