Where Samsung Pay didn't work for you.

Mr_Bugman

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
The cashier in the gas station refused to let me use it. She kept saying "we don't accept that here". Hitting the decline button on her register even though she saw the machine accepting the payment. Lol

Yeah I've had two people interfere and not let me use Samsung Pay claiming they weren't allowed to take it. I walked out of the second place and called their corporate office. They offered me a $50 gift card the next morning and said they already have cashier training on Samsung Pay scheduled for next month.

Amazing the range of reactions. Having worked retail for several years when I was younger I can't imagine refusing an approved payment and being rude which has happened twice now.

Posted via the Android Central App

troutspinner

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I know the thread is about where it did not work but just because I am like a kid that had to try this.....

I just went to Wawa and it worked. Apple eat your heart out!

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I know the thread is about where it did not work but just because I am like a kid that had to try this.....

I just went to Wawa and it worked. Apple eat your heart out!

I created this thread for places that samsung pay didn't work from there it evolved from where it didn't work to all place that it worked and places where people had an issue. the one time or another. This thread has been going strong and active which is awesome. So no worries keeping posting. Also how often do you use Samsung Pay?

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
On an off note finally received my wireless free charger for signing up with Samsung Pay and on the brighter side they sent me 2, black and white.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Samsung pay for me today was a total fail. I must be a ***** or something is wrong with my phone

Open the app and start a payment. While the phone is vibrating, swipe down on the screen to check the notification bar and see if the nfc symbol is up. If so, try and send someone a pic or a file via nfc. If you can't send a file that way, have your phone replaced. That's the issue I had

mastenpark

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
Open the app and start a payment. While the phone is vibrating, swipe down on the screen to check the notification bar and see if the nfc symbol is up. If so, try and send someone a pic or a file via nfc. If you can't send a file that way, have your phone replaced. That's the issue I had

Thanks for the advice. I removed and redownloaded the samsung pay app. Right before I turned it in for tonight I got it to work at a 7-11. So I will try at few more spots tomorrow. I am about to check my NFC right now to make sure that's all set as well

The places I tried earlier today and failed was Footaction, Macys, Tim Hortons, Burger King, and this mom and pop cell phone case provider. The worse one was Footaction. When I tried it there it sounded like the credit card terminal machine was going to blow up literally. The sales clerk got scared and all that. Luckily the other guy that was there had a Samsung phone and understood what I was trying to do.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
That's strange and a big number of failures. I guess samsung pay is not yet ready for the prime time.

Samsung Pay is Def ready for prime time.the instance that masterpark had was the first time I ever heard of something like that happening. There are people in here that have no problems at all except a hiccup here or there and that's just from not hd8ng the phone correctly

mastenpark

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
Samsung Pay is Def ready for prime time.the instance that masterpark had was the first time I ever heard of something like that happening. There are people in here that have no problems at all except a hiccup here or there and that's just from not hd8ng the phone correctly

Just to give a status update regarding my experience with Samsung pay. After I got home that night I found out that Bank of America had put a fraud alert on my account. My account with BOA is new. So since I cleared that up Samsung Pay has been a WIN. I took some advice that I saw in this fourms regarding where to place the phone in relation to the reader.
I was able to use it with no problem at
NOCO: gas station chain
Walmart
McDonald's
Again at 7-11

I will be out today making a few more transactions so we will see how it goes.

Shout of to everyone who has been able to contribute to this topic.This is my 1st time coming to this fourms and has been a great experience.Def looking forward to continuing coming to this site and sharing information I may have as well as learning

blckz28

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I have tried two different Redbox machines. At the first one the led on the swipe flashed red every time I tried to scan. At the second machine it took the scan and asked for my zip code but then it said transaction failed. I have also tried at Walmart and the table readers at Red Robin, both of those have worked.

Mastabrozif2

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
So I just successfully got Samsung Pay to work at a Costco gas station, at the pump using a trick that worked for LoopPay. Gas pumps expect a card to be inserted and removed so simply place a driver's license or your membership card upside down pull it out and place your phone near it and it should work. It was totally worth opening a U.S. Bank account for this.

Last edited:

r56mcs

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
So I just successfully got Samsung Pay to work at a Costco gas station, at the pump using a trick that worked for LoopPay. Gas pumps expect a card to be inserted and removed so simply place a driver's license or your membership card upside down pull it out and place your phone near it and it should work. It was totally worth opening a U.S. Bank account for this.

I will have to try that sometime!!

r56mcs

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
After the oil change at a mazda dealer, I told the cashier that I would be paying with my mobile phone. And he said they dont have the equipment. I explained that all he had to do was put the phone on the card reader. So he tried. My citi credit card failed over 6 times. Every time it said invalid card number. Then I tried my Us bank debit card as credit card and it didn't work. When I tried it as debit card it worked. The cashier was very patient with me and when I apologized for making him try over ten times, he said "we have to keep trying to help the technology move forward somehow". What a guy.

Later I went to a Target store and used the Citi credit card and it worked so it wasn't that the card was suspended.

mastenpark

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
So I have had almost a 100% success rate since my inital problems. I have been able to use Samsung Pay at
Ralph Lauren ( Polo Store)- 1st customer who has used their phone to make a payment
Levi Store- 1st customer who has used their phone to make a payment
Walmart- No problem.

The only place where I couldn't use it was Buffalo Wild Wings: This was because they pay system is connected directly to the POS system. It was done behind the counter at the BAR. I still feel if I was able to try that I would have gotten it to work. The manager was cool as hell. I bet her boyfiend is a member of this site since she said he works for andriod and roots phones as a side gig

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I have an Amex blue card and it has a chip. It's a pain in the you know what. I can't wait for chase to get on board

Deputy1

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I also have the Amex Blue card and have had no problem using it. It's the new one with the chip. Use it everywhere. Maybe you're not hitting the sweet spot?

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I also have the Amex Blue card and have had no problem using it. It's the new one with the chip. Use it everywhere. Maybe you're not hitting the sweet spot?

It worked better initially. Lately, it starts the payment process then I get an error message.