Where Samsung Pay didn't work for you.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
So if I pay with Samsung Pay at Target, I won't be able to return the item in the event that something is wrong with it?

That I don't know, I mean it didn't work for me so they gave me cash it should work though I have had it work b4 at other stores

Posted via the Android Central App

srz1977

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
So I talked to support and they said that the new walmart pay thingy basically will not allow samsung pay. Now granted not all locations have that installed. So who had success and failures and what state was the walmart.

For me Walmart in LAS VEGAS

Support doesn't know what the hell they are talking about. There is absolutely no way that Walmart can block Samsung Pay. If they block Samsung Pay, then they block all credit card swipes from anyone. I've been using Samsung Pay at Walmart for almost 4 months now without a single issue in Texas, Illinois, Tennessee, Virginia, and Arkansas.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I ran into issues at my local Lowe's. Used it without fail until the other day failed three times. Asked for debit pin then failed. Never tried the credit. I use chase without fail until now. But the cashier did say they updated the software on their terminals the day before. She was going to mention it to their it people.

Are u able to use it at other locations

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Support doesn't know what the hell they are talking about. There is absolutely no way that Walmart can block Samsung Pay. If they block Samsung Pay, then they block all credit card swipes from anyone. I've been using Samsung Pay at Walmart for almost 4 months now without a single issue in Texas, Illinois, Tennessee, Virginia, and Arkansas.

That's why I said it may be only certain stores. If you read some of my other post I had it work for a long time then all of a sudden it didn't work at walmart also some other peole Samething. If they say it then they say it
But the thing is regardless if it is true or not I posted what was told to me. I didn't say that I would not keep trying.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
That's why I said it may be only certain stores. If you read some of my other post I had it work for a long time then all of a sudden it didn't work at walmart also some other peole Samething. If they say it then they say it
But the thing is regardless if it is true or not I posted what was told to me. I didn't say that I would not keep trying.

I used samsung pay at Walmart yesterday and they asked me if it was Walmart pay

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I used samsung pay at Walmart yesterday and they asked me if it was Walmart pay

See that's why I posted to c who is having success at Walmart and whose not. Thank u for posting that it worked for u what state 20?

jharo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
It works everywhere for me. The best part is when the cashier says, "oh that won't work here" and I say, "yes it will!"

Cowamj04

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had issues with Samsung Pay at Walmart? I can use it fine at the self checkouts, but the three times I have tried to use it with a cashier (at three different stores), it fails, and I have to swipe manually.

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone had issues with Samsung Pay at Walmart? I can use it fine at the self checkouts, but the three times I have tried to use it with a cashier (at three different stores), it fails, and I have to swipe manually.
No issues here but I've noticed different terminals at different Walmart's.

Cowamj04

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

I've used it in Wisconsin *2 and Ohio. No issues at self checkout, still no luck with checker.

Cowamj04

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
When I try to use it it doesn't even seem to connect to the card reader - do I need to remove my case?

What works best for me is to put the bottom of my phone against the reader. If it doesn't pick it up right away, try moving your phone around a little. It's kind of like wireless charging, just have to find the sweet spot.
Best of luck!

thehicks

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I live in TX and have experienced the same failure at HEB. I think it is because they have a proprietary epay they want to route you to. Guy at register said no Samsung Pay and no Apple pay there.
I also had similar failure at Home Depot this weekend.