Where Samsung Pay didn't work for you.

MikeYuse0406

Nov 23, 2013
plus.google.com
I'm having trouble using Samsung Pay with the Verifone MX-925 terminal without NFC enabled. The smaller version, the MX-915 works fine via MST. But the larger one, the MX-925 always gives me an error.

It a card read error. I can't seem to find the sweet mst spot on this particular terninal. Is anyone having the same problem?

At stores with this terminal with NFC enabled it works fine. However, stores with NFC off, such as Burlington and TJ Maxx I always get an error.

I attached the image of the MX925.

74366d3adb71ed2c3bb9235336372d83.jpg

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm having trouble using Samsung Pay with the Verifone MX-925 terminal without NFC enabled. The smaller version, the MX-915 works fine via MST. But the larger one, the MX-925 always gives me an error.

It a card read error. I can't seem to find the sweet mst spot on this particular terninal. Is anyone having the same problem?

At stores with this terminal with NFC enabled it works fine. However, stores with NFC off, such as Burlington and TJ Maxx I always get an error.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20151224/74366d3adb71ed2c3bb9235336372d83.jpg

If the machine has a chip reader and your card has a chip, you have to select credit.

MikeYuse0406

Nov 23, 2013
plus.google.com
If the machine has a chip reader and your card has a chip, you have to select credit.
It doesn't even give me the option. It just errors out from the get go, even after the cashier hitting credit on her end to activate the POS.

I tap the camera area of my note 5 around the center of the magnetic swipe like I do with all other POS terminals, but this one errors out.

I always swipe my chip card just fine. I don't have to insert it at either Burlington or TJ Maxx.

Oh, and I don't use debit cards. I only use credit anyways to get ghe rewards.

Last edited:

anon(9410778)

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Use it as credit at 711 debit won't work

Posted via the Android Central App

Thank you for the advice. I'll have to give it a try.

Maybe there is something to the chip readers needing to run it as credit. Though my first success was at an older machine that was chip reader enabled.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20151224/74366d3adb71ed2c3bb9235336372d83.jpg

I used this before and I did it 2 ways and they both worked I turn the phone sideways so it'll be facing the reader slit and the second I just had it over the reader like normal. Make sure though that they hit credit or debit first

psurob55

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
Tried using it at ****'s Sporting Goods. The terminal recogized it but failed to process. Tried again, then it asked to manually input the account code.

Bummer.

edit: You really can't use the short for Richard abbreviation as a proper name? LOL

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Tried using it at ****'s Sporting Goods. The terminal recogized it but failed to process. Tried again, then it asked to manually input the account code.

Bummer.

edit: You really can't use the short for Richard abbreviation as a proper name? LOL

Somehow, dicks has mobile payments blocked

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Yo 20 I thought mobile was blocked at walmart ad well but then when I did the cleaning of cache it worked. What are you getting that makes you think it is blocked?

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I am noticing a lot more errors that u guys are getting like I had at one time. If your are failing at multiple places, or getting constant declines go ahead and call support. It could be issue like I had and I posted something earlier on how to fix it as well. The number for support is

8447267297 this is Samsung Pay support. It won't hurt.

MikeYuse0406

Nov 23, 2013
plus.google.com
I used this before and I did it 2 ways and they both worked I turn the phone sideways so it'll be facing the reader slit and the second I just had it over the reader like normal. Make sure though that they hit credit or debit first

I will try the phone side way option and see if it works. Thanks

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey did u get card read error at 711? I know I had that a couple times yesterday and it appeared it took longer than usual for it to read the signal.

I think this was my problem. Seems it does take longer than most places to get a card read. Today I stopped and held it in place until it asked for my debit pin. Then cancel and ran credit and it went through. I need to try several more times to confirm though.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Yo 20 I thought mobile was blocked at walmart ad well but then when I did the cleaning of cache it worked. What are you getting that makes you think it is blocked?

The cashier at the last dicks I tried at informed me that they have all forms of mobile payment blocked. That was 2 weeks ago

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Just used it with the Verifone just know don't know what model but I waited for them to hit credit then I just held it as normal and it was actually basically right on top of the reader touching it got beep and hit debit and went through.

James8561

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone know how to get Android Pay to work with Samsung Pay? I have a card on Android Pay because Samsung Pay doesn't work with it and every time I open up Android Pay the terminal would give me "can only use one payment app at a time" error. I switch to Samsung Pay using NFC and it still gives me that error so I had to use the MST way until next time

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I really wonder how you guys are getting so many errors. I have had no errors at all and it's just quick and easy.

Some places are faster than other. At those check out machine on the table at chili's and red Robin, you barely have to touch your phone on them. Takes about a second

JohnnyK60

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone know how to get Android Pay to work with Samsung Pay? I have a card on Android Pay because Samsung Pay doesn't work with it and every time I open up Android Pay the terminal would give me "can only use one payment app at a time" error. I switch to Samsung Pay using NFC and it still gives me that error so I had to use the MST way until next time

Do you have Samsung Pay chosen as your preferred method by any chance? That might explain it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty