Where Samsung Pay didn't work for you.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Was it self check out was it regular? I cannot get it to work at either place.

It was regular checkout now did u sign your cards within the app? Did it go through for you then u got a decline or just card read error? The reason I say that is bc ever since I signed my card it worked at Walmart.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Also I used it at dental office today they haven't had the nfc enabled wow. The problem was that when u used my credit card it asked for a pin but of course it's a credit card also there was no option to change it to credit. This has happened to me twice

pcsperson

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
It was regular checkout now did u sign your cards within the app? Did it go through for you then u got a decline or just card read error? The reason I say that is bc ever since I signed my card it worked at Walmart.

Yes I signed the card with in the app store when I added the card. It looked like it went through, then the cashier said it did not work.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Yea that happen to me b4. Went through on my end but then it printed out a receipt that said declined or invalid i can't remember. There was one thing I did as well I went into samsung pay framework and cleared cache. So settings >application >application Manger>samsung pay framework>storage clear cache. Try that.

Matt Behnken

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Yes. I've attempted at two different stores now. The reader shows an error message and their system will not allow a second attempt from the customer side. Both times I had to give the card to the cashier.

They were both friendly about it. The second store a manager mentioned that she thought they only allowed the single attempt because of their customer base being mostly older and getting frustrated with having to try more than once... That's a customer service idea I can understand and even appreciate. I just wish I could play with SPay there to get it working. =)

Dear Samsung,

To increase customer adoption, put a credit card terminal reader at Samsung stations in Best Buy stores for people to "practice" and get more comfortable with Spay.

Signed,

Capt. Obvious

Matt Behnken

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I have no luck at Walmart. I've tried my Amex and Visa cards. In both cases...card denied...from Walmart. I did talk to the store manager who said she'd look into it.

Their IT guy has been quoted in trade papers about sticking it to Visa and he's also pushing Walmart Pay. The man sure doesn't understand his market. I think it will take a lot of complaints before they change. Maybe Samsung can exert some pressure.

I've had success at Walmart every time. I'm using Chase VISA. I don't select credit or debit. While getting rung up I just open Spay and use fingerprint, then put it on the reader. It always asks for my pin right away. I put in the pin on the cc machine and it says waiting for cashier to finish checkout. When they're done it has me decide on cash back and confirm total. Obviously it's running debit. This has worked for me at self-checkout and at the regular lines at walmart many times. Most recently a few days ago. Hope this helps.

Matt Behnken

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Great experience at IHOP with tons of people watching. Picked up my food to go said I'm paying with my phone she didn't say anything the reader is on her machine I just said hit credit she did as soon as I put it up it beep transaction completed she said wow never seen that b4. Everyone just started and on top of that it was way way faster tan teaching for my wallet and card.

thanks, i hit up ihop togo regularly, ill be using spay from now on.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Hey your going to have to turn the phone sideways at least I had to for my particular ihop due to the reader being sideways. They even let me put the phone there just make sure they select credit bc I had thought they did that but they didn't until they saw me place my phone and they said ohh hold on and then when they hit the credit or card button I saw the screen change and I knew then that I was good to go and attempt it. It worked fast as lightening

captobie

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Samsung Pay has worked everywhere I've tried it so far, knock on wood. Some places I frequently use it:

Target
Fred Meyer
Safeway
Haggen
AM/PM
Sports Authority
Vending Machines everywhere
ABC Stores in Hawaii
Best Buy
Office Depot

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Yea u wish I had those vending machines here. The vending machine I use every now and again uses payrange another mobile payment. It uses location and the range is incredible.

tengtengvn

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Today, when I tried SS Pay at US Polo, they have one of those old ingenico terminal. It didn't even reponse.
At Tommy, my transaction went through but the next cashier's terminal frozed. I'm not sure if it's related.
I've tried few others stores. All seems to work fine with my cards and authorized user's cards.

I can't wait for the day when I can finally leave all my cards at home.

Last edited:

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Today, when I tried SS Pay at US Polo, they have one of those old ingenico terminal. It didn't even reponse.
At Tommy, my transaction when through but the next cashier's terminal frozed. I'm not sure if it's related.
I've tried few others stores. All seems to work fine with my cards and authorized user's cards.

I can't wait for the day when I can finally leave all my cards at home.

I carry my cards still out of habit but have not used them period..

Abay Tadesse

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
I would love to be able to do that, but days like today make me question whether or not Samsung Pay can be counted on. I made several purchases at Lowes today, and the first two times Samsung Pay worked flawlessly. The third time, I was using a Bank of America credit card and in my first attempt I got a card not authorized message from the cashier which was typical for debit cards. I thought it was a bit odd, so I tried again. During my second attempt, my card went through, but this time, the cashier was given a message which asked for my entire card number, something she had never encountered before, so she decided to call her manager over as she thought I was being suspicious trying to pay with "a picture of my credit card" lol. After she came over, she acknowledged what Samsung Pay was and prompted me to move my phone from the swipe part to in between where I would use swipe and nfc. With this suggestion my card worked, and she told me for some reason at Lowes unless you are between the nfc and mst zones, Samsung Pay acts strangely. Without her knowledgeable help, I might have been talking to the manager about my "suspicious" behavior. Regardless, its when Spay fails like this that makes we question whether mobile payments are ready for the spotlight. Mind you, I use Spay for about 85-90% of my purchases, so I'm fully for it, but afraid it isn't quite ready to be mass marketed to the unknowlegable unless more cashiers can be trained with it.

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I would love to be able to do that, but days like today make me question whether or not Samsung Pay can be counted on. I made several purchases at Lowes today, and the first two times Samsung Pay worked flawlessly. The third time, I was using a Bank of America credit card and in my first attempt I got a card not authorized message from the cashier which was typical for debit cards. I thought it was a bit odd, so I tried again. During my second attempt, my card went through, but this time, the cashier was given a message which asked for my entire card number, something she had never encountered before, so she decided to call her manager over as she thought I was being suspicious trying to pay with "a picture of my credit card" lol. After she came over, she acknowledged what Samsung Pay was and prompted me to move my phone from the swipe part to in between where I would use swipe and nfc. With this suggestion my card worked, and she told me for some reason at Lowes unless you are between the nfc and mst zones, Samsung Pay acts strangely. Without her knowledgeable help, I might have been talking to the manager about my "suspicious" behavior. Regardless, its when Spay fails like this that makes we question whether mobile payments are ready for the spotlight. Mind you, I use Spay for about 85-90% of my purchases, so I'm fully for it, but afraid it isn't quite ready to be mass marketed to the unknowlegable unless more cashiers can be trained with it.
Next time take a picture of the terminal, because no Lowe's around me had nfc in the terminal.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Today at the supermarket, the cashier asked to see my ID. I realised the app doesn't display my name on any cards.

It does what u have to do is open the app and select each card and sign it. Then when she asks for it u just open the app make purchase and you name appears below the pulsing also u can even go into the app and select card to show her. Funny thing is why would she ask for your id unless it was to verify age then that's the real ID. I have been to places b4 SamsungPay that require ID when I used my real card but once I used it SamsungPay thy never asked. Bc it is my phone and it has security measures.

tengtengvn

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
PP at the counters aren't the most tech savvy pp. They just do what they were told by their employer.
My signature is not readable. lol It's an oversight by Samsung. Easy fix if they actually add it. I left my suggestion on Goolge Play. Hopefully it gets to the Pay team.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
PP at the counters aren't the most tech savvy pp. They just do what they were told by their employer.
My signature is not readable. lol It's an oversight by Samsung. Easy fix if they actually add it. I left my suggestion on Goolge Play. Hopefully it gets to the Pay team.

What do you mean what's the oversight.. the sign part?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87