First software update coming soon

pitchdarkice

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
i tried many different ways involving the google services framework, date changing, doing it mulitple times. finally it works when i forced closed google services framework ,cleared the data and rebooted my phone. when it came up, i checked system updates and there it was, downloading the update...

benhath

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
That's what I did as well, and I did that 3 times then it worked. Installed fine, and I was hoping that the mail waiting indicators on IMAP accounts would extinguish if folder sync showed that the emails were read on a different device. The folders clear fine, the indicators stay on. Back to K-9 mail. That one works great. Email waiting indicators go off if IMAP mail is read on a different device upon sync.

i tried many different ways involving the google services framework, date changing, doing it mulitple times. finally it works when i forced closed google services framework ,cleared the data and rebooted my phone. when it came up, i checked system updates and there it was, downloading the update...

medic673

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Ok for all those having issues, change your date, then follow the instructions and it will work

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

sleepeatplay

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site

I tried this in this exact order, and it worked after a few tries! :) On both Strats we own!
Thanks!

medic673

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Change date to 2013 then clear the Google stuff. Then you will see the update. Not much changed but still ok

kbuno50

May 19, 2012
Visit site
All I did was clear the google services a few times, reboot, repeat again if needed. I did that twice and checked my system updates, and it was there.

One more thing: face unlock requires you to blink. When I blink though, it doesn't recognize my face and makes me blink again.

drkelly8

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Yep still working for me. Changed date cleared data, stopped framework... in the order above (yes several times) guess I'll just have to wait till the roll out. Bummer

xsky

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Reboots, won't update--Android character with exclamation point

When I started the update process, it rebooted, and the Android logo and exclamation point stayed on the screen (I eventually held down the power button to reboot)

The phone is rooted with the following ROM installed:
EI2-Ti-X Stratosphere:
(The RHCP kernel was never flashed, and Heimdall Suite (heimdall-suite-1.3.2-win32) was used to complete the process)

I'm relatively new to Droids (coming from Windows Dumbphones). Do I have to reflash an original ROM first?

DO I REALLY WANT TO UPDATE AT THIS POINT, or wait for a rooted/hacked version of the update to come out?

I synched contacts with Google, and used Titanium Backup. I hope that's all I need to do before Upgrading or reflashing.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Reboots, won't update--Android character with exclamation poi

When I started the update process, it rebooted, and the Android logo and exclamation point stayed on the screen (I eventually held down the power button to reboot)

The phone is rooted with the following ROM installed:
EI2-Ti-X Stratosphere:
(The RHCP kernel was never flashed, and Heimdall Suite (heimdall-suite-1.3.2-win32) was used to complete the process)

I'm relatively new to Droids (coming from Windows Dumbphones). Do I have to reflash an original ROM first?

DO I REALLY WANT TO UPDATE AT THIS POINT, or wait for a rooted/hacked version of the update to come out?

I synched contacts with Google, and used Titanium Backup. I hope that's all I need to do before Upgrading or reflashing.
In order to get the update you need to reflash back to EI2 stock firmware, recovery (no CWM Recovery), and every single file in the firmware has to be back to stock for the update to work... This is a problem since no real "ROM" is available for the original stock image, so if you were lucky enough to have done a nandroid backup the first time you tried to root/ROM there are some options, otherwise process can be quite painful for the non-geeky. I would suggest trolling the forums at RootzWiki for the Stratosphere, there is a very large amount of discussion and development going on there with this device.

Reactions: xsky

drkelly8

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Aggggg. Still no update. Did all the stopping services, change date (by the way it resets back to current) rebooted ... and still no update. Anyone got any ideas

grizzlybeararmy

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Aggggg. Still no update. Did all the stopping services, change date (by the way it resets back to current) rebooted ... and still no update. Anyone got any ideas

Same issue. Even unchecked from using network standard date, the date will automatically fix itself. If the update is available, I'd love to get it. Or am I just SOL until my phone recognizes the OTA update?

dwitherell

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
If you head to rootzwiki there is a post with a deodexed rooted stock ff1 ROM, as well as a flashable zip for the ff1 kernel and to update the modems from ei2 to ff1. Hope that helps folks!

anruiukimi

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
This is going to sound really stupid, but I had the puzzle piece unlock screen before the update, and now it's gone and replaced with a stupid circle unlock. Is there any way to switch it back?

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I would imagine it will be in the new Tweaked ROM, but I am unaware of a way to just add it back into the standard Rom.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer