Just a quick ? about saying "Thanks"...

ZiggSVO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Ok so basically, this is a rant for all forums not specifically this one...but I've noticed in a lot of the threads I read through people asking this or how to do that or can someone do this or where can I find that...now imagine how easy it is to click the thanks button the forum developer put on posts, hell even saying thank you in the thread??? Alot easier than it was for someone to take the time to answer your question or help you out?
I see this all the time on all the forums...

So why is it that most people don't do it?? Serious question? Has it come down to just being a gimme gimme gimme world? And trust me with 6 kids in my house I understand that...but my 2 year old neice says bless you when you sneeze or thank you for whatever reason it is deserved??

So why is it that some grown ass men or women or even teenagers on these forums can't even say thanks? Lol. That thanks button is there...well atleast my view on it...so that when someone gives me advice or a suggestion I see they have been thanked umpteen times or however many times and I'm like well this person seems credible? And it may not seem like it to everyone, but to me it kind of makes you feel good that you helped someone and they took the time to thank you Seriously people...we need to start thanking those that deserve it!!

And again this was a rant for all the forums I frequent not this one, not any specific thread, and not about me getting thanks because I dont care if I do or don't...I'm not a Dev, I'm not a Themer, I'm just a guy that visits forums and passes along info and knowledge I've recieved from people that I have thanked

And this will be on the other forums I frequent also since not everyone is on AC

Thanks for reading
Now what are your thoughts

Edit** And for those that say I use forum "X"s app and there isn't a thanks button but I thank later from a computer, this isnt about not getting thanked right away...just not getting thanked at all **

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Happens all the time... Trust me.. If you look at any of the mods/admins/advisers here at our post counts verses our thanks meter you can see the return rate is not very good. Just the way it is unfortunately..

If it means anything to you I do appreciate the help you provide in the forums here ;)

Reactions: ZiggSVO

ZiggSVO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Happens all the time... Trust me.. If you look at any of the mods/admins/advisers here at our post counts verses our thanks meter you can see the return rate is not very good. Just the way it is unfortunately..

If it means anything to you I do appreciate the help you provide in the forums here ;)

It makes me all fuzzy inside :p
And trust me Paul I was more talking for the Devs and Mods like yourself that go under appreciated...
I guess I was just tired of people taking you all for granted lol

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I just want to make it known that myself and the rest of the AC Team do appreciate anyone that helps out in the forums. Your contributions do help and it doesn't go unrecognized. Its nice to see many people come from complete noob to knowledgeable users that are able to help members out.

It wasn't more than 7 months ago and I didn't know a single thing about Android or anything involved with it. So its very possible to learn and in a short period of time if you put your time into it. I will also say most of what I have learned to date was found right here in these AC forums. Not to say XDA didn't provide many answers but I always came here first and look here first before going anywhere else.

Reactions: ZiggSVO

ZiggSVO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks bro...

Feel better? :D

Tons thank you :p

on a side note...next time I make a rant about forums...maybe I'll specifically name *epic phone users* dont do this or do that lol
So it will stay where I put it lol
Not saying I mind it being moved by all means who ever moved it thank you because you think it will better serve its purpose here where it is at now than where it was lol
...now I just need to remember where "this" is considering I only post in about 4 sections...lol

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I only go on the mobile site and not sure if there's a thank button but I truly appreciate any help I've ever gotten.

ZiggSVO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I only go on the mobile site and not sure if there's a thank button but I truly appreciate any help I've ever gotten.

And that's what its about appreciating the help youve gotten and saying something like "it worked" or just thanks lol
No need to hit the button, this rant isnt about the button :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo