CM10 Jelly Bean Alpha

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Upgraded last night/early this morning to the newest CM10 alpha build for the SGS2 Skyrocket from developer sk8terwitskil. AMAZING difference in performance and responsivity, even when compared with the official AT&T ICS ROM. A few rough edges, but most everything is working. Highly recommended! More info here.

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Hey im thinking of downloading cm10 also. I have a few questions.

1. What apps arent working at all?

2. Does google now work completely?

3. How is battery life in the rom on a day use?

4. Do you reccomend using it as a daily driver?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey im thinking of downloading cm10 also. I have a few questions.

1. What apps arent working at all?

2. Does google now work completely?

3. How is battery life in the rom on a day use?

4. Do you reccomend using it as a daily driver?

Thanks in advance.

1. Google Search (and by extension, Google Now) FCs when attempting to open it. The stock Camera app also appears to be absent from the ROM. I've heard that YouTube (and possibly other streaming/video apps) have had problems ranging from color abnormalities to FCs when attempting to use them.

2. See #1

3. Still evaluating battery life-- it appears to be as good or better than the AT&T ICS UCLF6 ROM I was previously running. Although, I have had one incident where something was obviously looping internally-- it generated a lot of heat and drained the battery significantly before I cold-reset the phone to resolve it.

4. I'm currently using it as my daily driver-- but then again, I'm a glutton for punishment :)
Seriously, I believe it works well enough (I've tested it with all of my critical apps) to use as a DD, at least for now. I may revise this opinion over the course of the next work week.

Beacio_mo

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Did you try CM9 Beta before going to CM10? Just wondering if you had any issues with it since I'm getting tired of the at&t stock ICS problems (Bluetooth disconnects, daily restarts, FCs)

Tronyx

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
CM9 hit RC2 last week and I've been using it for over a month. Currently running the RC2 release as it corrected the issue with the button lights not working properly. It's fast, slick and has everything I'm looking for.

Check out the change logs HERE.

Download HERE.

Chris

Beacio_mo

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! Soo much better now, I'm on the CM9 RC2 and I am surprised how smooth everything is!

Tronyx

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Right? It's absolutely amazing. How are your button lights working? I was having issues where they would not turn on when I unlocked the phone or until I launched an application, but with the RC2 release they are now working as expected.

Chris

Beacio_mo

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, no problems with the lights for me. I only have 2 issues:

1. The SMS long text issue where it separates a long text into 3 or 4 texts

2. When I use Text By Voice through Bluetooth and listen to music through the headset connection in my car at the same time, the music only plays through the Bluetooth headset instead of the headset jack.

Otherwise its soo much better! Love the ICS lock screen, the camera app, how smooth everything is, I get about another hour of screen time (about 4 hours), and the keyboard has basically no lag! So worth it even with the 2 minor issues :D

Txcwaste

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
The camera won't work with mine. Neither does the Google search bar at the top. I installed it last night and un installed it this morning... I I need my camera ill wait until a newer version comes with the camera.

wilbarger

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I have been running the 0804 release of JB since the day it releases (08/04)lol. I flashed Darkside Venon #666 kernal after that and everything seems to be working pretty well except for movie camera. You will notice a green flash when taking pictures, but there are fixes for that also. Here is a link that should help you a lot. They integrate various rom's and cherry picks. Usually updates daily and I have learned a lot from these guys. [wip/rom] project rookie - jb 4.1.1 - xda-developers

Hope this helps.:)

Tronyx

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
The camera won't work with mine. Neither does the Google search bar at the top. I installed it last night and un installed it this morning... I I need my camera ill wait until a newer version comes with the camera.

I haven't had any issues with the camera or the Google search bar and I've upgraded to each nightly since it was released. May want to try backing up, wiping /system and delvik cache, then install the nightly you selected for CM9 and then install GoogleApps.

Chris

Txcwaste

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Can you post the links for where you downloaded all the stuff I have to flash?

Tronyx

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site

Ronnie2

May 18, 2011
Visit site
The build compiled this morning by roger_n of project rookie is running great for me, both camera and camcorder are working with the included kernel only. If you have problems with camera/camcorder, wipe everything and reflash the rom. Also fix permissions in recovery or Rom Manager after flashing.

Here's a link if anyone is interested. xda-developers - View Single Post - [wip/rom] project rookie - jb 4.1.1

You can find JB gapps here: Goo.im Downloads - Browsing gapps (you want the cm10 gapps)

Txcwaste

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Is the Google search bar at the top working now too? I had a problem with that when I flashed that rom a week or two ago. I think I might try it again if the camera is working.

Tronyx

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Is the Google search bar at the top working now too? I had a problem with that when I flashed that rom a week or two ago. I think I might try it again if the camera is working.

If you're referring to CM9, yes, both are working. If you are referring to CM10, I have yet to use it so I am unsure.

Chris

Txcwaste

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Yes I am referring to cm10 I have cm9 running now and it works great but I'd rather be running cm10 if it's working.

Ronnie2

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I've been running cm10 for a day now, so far both seem to be working fine. I just tried a search with the search bar and Google Now is working. I also recorded a video and played it back, everything looks good on my end. I haven't run into anything yet that is broken but I'll let you guys know if I do.

I have found that restoring data with some apps such as Tapatalk causes issues. But if just installed with TiBu or the Play Store everything works as it should.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I've been running cm10 for a day now, so far both seem to be working fine. I just tried a search with the search bar and Google Now is working. I also recorded a video and played it back, everything looks good on my end. I haven't run into anything yet that is broken but I'll let you guys know if I do.

I have found that restoring data with some apps such as Tapatalk causes issues. But if just installed with TiBu or the Play Store everything works as it should.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

I currently run cm9 on my skyrocket with a google now apk that works pretty well. Do you notice any performance advancements with cm10?

Beacio_mo

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Will1524,

I had been running CM9 since RC2 and most recently stable. I tried the Google Now apk as well and found it didn't feel as integrated as my Nexus 7 (it could be in my head, but it felt like a separate app that didn't update me like the N7).

I am now running the CM10 experimental and feel it is exactly like ICS, except for the new email notifications and Google Now. I don't feel like its a lot smoother but it does show how great of a job the devs did on CM9.

The only problem I've seen, which isn't really a problem, is that ram usage is higher then on CM9. I use to run at about 400MBs, now I'm at 600MBs. Nothing really lags or anything but it seems like this rom is using more memory then CM9. I'm sure they will fix a lot of things though before any RCs or Stable releases.

Overall though I haven't had any issues taking pictures and love seeing the Google Now updates in my notification bar. Battery life is about the same as CM9 so no real detriments I've found so far