cd /system/app
    To see a list of the apps installed
    Code:
    ls -a
    To remove an app
    Code:
    rm Sprint_NFL.*
    This will remove both the apk and the compiled odex binary for Sprint NFL

I would be very selective with what I remove. At first I basically wiped out anything I didn't want, and got many errors. Here's what I've removed with no bad result:

Stock.apk
    Stock.odex
    Sprint_NFL.apk
    Sprint_Nscar.apk
    amazonmp3.apk
    HtcFootprints.apk
    HtcFootprints.odex
    HtcFootprintsWidget.apk
    HtcFootprintsWidget.odex

I would imagine Sprint TV and it's widget could be added to the list as well, but I decided I may use them. I would be leery of removing peep, IM, Sprint_Nav, and Gtalk.

Discuss
    11-13-2009 10:42 PM
    Ok, after I get done deleting (like your last step), just exit out? Not a linux genius. Very good guide, thanks.
    11-14-2009 06:20 PM
    Yes. Exit and reboot the phone. You're set.
    You're welcome!
    11-14-2009 07:37 PM
    hope we can get this done on the moto droid.. love to remove some vzw bloated crud. any clue when this will happen?
    11-18-2009 10:18 PM
    It's close. There is a kernel bug that SHOULD grant root access. Right now myself and about 50 other people are trying to build a little script to inject some code. Trust me...when it happens any website with the words Android Verizon or Droid will have it plastered all over it

Look for a 30 page thread at the top of the droid forum here when it does lol.
    11-18-2009 10:30 PM
    Thanks so much for your guides! They're the only one's I've been able to understand and now I have a rooted Hero.
    you = awesome <3
    12-03-2009 07:48 AM
    Your certainly welcome. I've found tech support in general works much better if you try to explain it in easy to understand terms.

Glad I could be of help.
    12-03-2009 04:05 PM
    im doing something wrong i think, when i try and remove an app such as nfl it says rm failed for sprint_nfl.*, read-only file system
    12-14-2009 10:58 AM
    im doing something wrong i think, when i try and remove an app such as nfl it says rm failed for sprint_nfl.*, read-only file system
    Do you get an error when you try this:

adb shell
    su
    mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
    That's the part of the above code that tells the device to remount the file system as read/write.
    12-14-2009 07:47 PM
    sorry i didnt reply, i went ahead and flashed fresh 1.0 the same day i posted this and forgot all about it, thanks though
    12-22-2009 09:30 AM
    Why not remove Peep or IM?
    12-22-2009 11:31 AM
    I'm not sure why Peep wants to keep running. Until someone can verify what it's doing in the background, I don't see the need to pull it out.

The Market needs Gtalk to be working.
    Gtalk needs part of IM to work.
    I actually use the IM app so I haven't investigated which parts (there are 6) of the app are needed and which aren't, so I can't recommend removing any of it
    12-22-2009 08:09 PM
    I was mainly just curious about IM. I'd like to use it, but it pulls an incomplete and out of date buddy list for aim.

Peep, on the other hand, I have found useless as a Twitter client simply because I prefer Seesmic.
    12-22-2009 08:56 PM
    This is awesome - I now have that crapware removed! Thanks gbhil!
    01-07-2010 09:08 AM
    ok no0b question .... be kind what SDK do i need installed to get adb shell accesses
    01-31-2010 02:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD