Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
can anyone explain to me the purpose of this file? When I rooted my phone, I followed the instructions without fully understanding what they did. I am now trying to learn.

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I think that the Hboot is the init script of the device. In others words, it makes possible to the device power on and load all the "programs" that needs. It can be upgrade and blablabla.

I'm not totally sure so if somebody have a better information it would be great.

Prof-KOS

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Think of it like the bios of a PC. Not exactly correct, but the analogy works. Hboot allows you to boot into recovery, which once rooted and flashed with a custom recovery, allows you to load custom roms perform backups, restores, wipes and a bunch of other utilities.

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Think of it like the bios of a PC. Not exactly correct, but the analogy works. Hboot allows you to boot into recovery, which once rooted and flashed with a custom recovery, allows you to load custom roms perform backups, restores, wipes and a bunch of other utilities.

It is stored on the memory card though, right? What happens if I delete it?

Prof-KOS

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Just like the BIOS of your computer, it can't be deleted. Even if it can, there's certainly no way to do it accidentally. It's party of the phone's basic architecture. It's definitely not stored on the SD card.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch