Which Android Developer programs can you recommend?

mdxyz

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I've been using Eclipse since 6 years but unfortunately official support for it has been or will be shut down. I'm in the process of switching to Android Studio. The main advantage for Android Studio is, that it is officially maintained and everything works as expected. I was getting problems using Eclipse, for example creating Android Wear projects needed some workarounds.

pdemedina

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
To learn and code in an android tablet: app AIDE...for basic things could be enough... I developped and published 6 apps using it...but I am not a professional.

Last edited:

clownFaceProd

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
To learn and code in an android tablet: app AIDE...for basic things could be enough... I developped and published 6 apps using it...but I am not a professional.

I second AIDE. Not as a replacement for Android Studio or anything like that, I just think it's great to have on hand. It's relatively expensive and tech support isn't great but still worth the money.

asmok

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I don't like Android Studio because I like have many open projects in the same time. I use Android Studio in work. For own apps, I use Eclipse. In addition, android studio is much slower than Eclipse.

wakdev

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
For Android development, Android Studio is the best IDE that you can find.
And... Google has stopped the support of the eclipse plugin for Android.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty