Very Impressed by the Sony SW3...

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
As an early BD pressie to myself, I've just bought the Sony Smartwatch 3.

To be honest, I was somewhat dubious, as watch tech. is obviously a relatively new thing, and I wasn't sure if the novelty would wear off quickly, and I'd end up with a glorified digital watch that I needed to plug in every night. However, it's now been bluetoothed to my Sony Z3 for 4 days, and I've genuinely found it really useful. I was in a meeting last Friday. I'd left my phone on my desk, and a call came. It appeared on my watch, and I swiped across to hit 'I'm busy'. I was out and about in some pretty awful weather over the weekend, so the Z3 was tucked in my jacket under a few layers, but I got all the scores from my favourite team thru on my watch. All the texts, e-mails, Whats App messages and news alerts pop up too, with no issue, and it's very handy to see if there's anything that needs a quick reply, or if it's just something that can be dealt with later without constantly going for your phone. And I've found the battery life to be good too - unplugging at 7am, and back on the charger at 11 leaves me with about 25% as a rule. Not all that different from what I get with the Z3 handset.

I can't speak for the LG/Moto and other watches, but highly recommend the Sony SW3.

stripeyfox

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Like you, I am also pretty impressed with my Sony SW3. I purchased it yesterday on a bit of a whim to be honest. I considered the 360 and Moto but whilst they are undeniably nice looking watches. they are just a bit big for me. Plus the SW3 appears to have the best battery life (based on what I'd read) and the fact it can be charged from any charger is a big plus as well (rather than having to carry the cradle everywhere).

I've had it for a day or two now and am enjoying not constantly checking my phone which is making me more productive and increasing the phone battery!

Especially handy when out and about (as I will be over the weekend) as I'll be walking in the Lake Distict using BackCountry Explorer and not having to fish my phone out every two minutes to check location will be a massive plus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38