Why is my Xperia SP slow as hell ?

A

AC Question

I own a Xperia SP which I bought 1 year ago, it takes 5-6 seconds to open apps like Chrome,Facebook, UC Browser etc. The keypad comes up 6-7 seconds after I tap the screen.(In the best case scenario) I installed Cyanogenmod recently but the situation hasn't improved.

It's rooted and I use Greenify. It improves the condition a bit but not by much.
I've used other phones with 1 GB RAM but they aren't so slow.

Don't ask me the 'bout the worst case. (Even the app drawer takes 8 seconds to launch). I don't use many apps (7)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is there an SD card inserted? If so, try unmounting the card and removing it, in case the card is faulty and slowing things down.

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
My 5yr old Xperia Ion LTEi28 with 1gb internal and 1 gb sd, got laggy when free ram went below 400mbs in the settings-apps-downloaded list. Use Cleanmaster to move what's movable. Set Googleplaystore app to not auto-update apps. Lag returned mth ago from FB mobile app updates. Disabled it and Messenger. Just use Chrome browser for those. Works fast again. Watch number of background apps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty