Why is my Moto G5 running so slow on certain apps?

larabu

Dec 11, 2018
Visit site
I have had my Moto G5 for about 6 months, and for the last month or so it has been incredibly slow.

Some apps seem to be slower than others. For example, Gmail and WhatsApp work fine, but other apps like Instagram, Airbnb, and Shazam seem to make it freeze up. After about 60 seconds I get a message saying the app is not responding.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the offending apps to no avail. I have also tried restarting the phone, which also doesn't help. The problem seems to have started after I installed the latest Android update (8.1.0)

The phone has 3G of RAM. I see that people are often advised to delete apps or photos to free up space. I've already deleted a few apps and I have 6G of space free on the internal memory and 12G free on the SD card, surely that should be enough?

Kodak2

Jul 30, 2018
Visit site
This hopefully will help.

perform a wipe cache partition:

With the phone powered off, press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button at the same time until the device turns on.
Press the Volume Down button to highlight "Recovery mode"
Press the Power button to restart into Recovery mode.
You'll see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark.
Holding the Power button, tap Volume Up once and then release the Power button.
Use the volume buttons to scroll to "wipe cache partition" and press the Power button to select it.
"Reboot system now" will be highlighted, press the Power button to select it.