Twitter App incoming notification sound

fablis

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
For some years I've noticed when using the uptodate twitter app for android 9.0.0 there's no option for sound for incoming tweets or DM incoming messages.

I've looked in the app settings and phone settings but nothing seems to be fitting, any ideas?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
You try by long pressing the Twitter app then tap info >scroll to notification then tap> each category can tap.there to get to sub menu to adjust .

Screenshot_20210103-135546_Settings.jpeg

fablis

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
You try by long pressing the Twitter app then tap info >scroll to notification then tap> each category can tap.there to get to sub menu to adjust .

View attachment 330417
I don't get an info option when long pressing, so I took the exclamation mark, all those options as per your screenshot are already ticked apart from topics, but don't think topics ticked will change anything regarding this.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I don't get an info option when long pressing, so I took the exclamation mark, all those options as per your screenshot are already ticked apart from topics, but don't think topics ticked will change anything regarding this.
Now tap the words of some of those categories and it will take you to another menu

fablis

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so I've changed the sound on them all, but won't know if it's worked till I start to receive tweets.

I don't want a notification for everytime someone tweets only if they reply to me.

fablis

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Is there anything more you can adjust in some of those settings we went over ?
Nope, but in the additional settings section I noticed that push notifications was disabled so I've since enabled that.

I sent myself a DM and replied to it but didn't receive a sound or notification but perhaps that's normal when you send a DM to your own name.

fablis

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Strange thing is that I do receive a sound when I create a new tweet myself but not when anyone replies or any of my follower new tweets, not that I want that anyway lol.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Nope, but in the additional settings section I noticed that push notifications was disabled so I've since enabled that.

I sent myself a DM and replied to it but didn't receive a sound or notification but perhaps that's normal when you send a DM to your own name.
Possible , maybe have someone send one to test further?

fablis

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
So the last thing I needed to do was to enable the push notifications which I thought I had done but must have forgotten, thanks again.

cknobman

May 15, 2018
Visit site
Personally I recommend uninstalling the Twitter app.

They have a progressive web app that is amazing and it cant run in background, track, or do anything else when you dont have it open.
Add a shortcut to it on your homescreen and you will never know the difference.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Personally I recommend uninstalling the Twitter app.

They have a progressive web app that is amazing and it cant run in background, track, or do anything else when you dont have it open.
Add a shortcut to it on your homescreen and you will never know the difference.
Good tip

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer