Battery life diminished since new

xnickx

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi all

Just got my Sony Xperia Z about 2-3 weeks ago and loving it.

But as of late, the battery won't last from when I get up to when I get back to bed
With Stamina Mode I used to get over 4 days Estimated Battery Life and about 3 days without Stamina mode!

All started up on one day and hasn't gotten better, have done a full drain and re-charge aswell, closed all apps and brightness set to Auto.
Have also tried hard-reset to no avail either

Anyone else experience this or have any fixes for this?

Some screenshots I took today
Screenshot_2013-03-27-10-15-08.png

Screenshot_2013-03-27-10-15-17.png

xnickx

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
So I got a new phone from Vodafone (in NZ) and they transferred over everything.

As usual they gave me the whole "this is the first we have heard of this" issue.

Good on them for just giving me a brand new unit but this one is now even worse.

Bought the new phone home, and had it on an overnight charge for over 14 hours and this is how it is now:

Screenshot_2013-03-31-12-51-18.png

Screenshot_2013-03-31-12-51-00.png

These images were taken right after the phone was taken off charge (18 seconds after!)

Seems the new phone is even worse than the original :(
Screen brightness is set to auto and approx 1/3 from the lowest

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Firstly, the Xperia Z has a lithium polymer battery in it. It should not be charged overnight! Charge it until it says it is full then unplug.
It is also a "memory free" battery, meaning that fully discharging and recharging makes no difference.

I suggest you look at the programs/apps you have installed to find the culprit.
Programs like Dropbox, Picasa and instagram can stop stamina mode from working. They actually stop the settings being applied if they are set to instantly upload photos you've taken.

Throughout the day push email (instant notification) and background data apps such as Facebook and Google plus Will also eat your battery.

Having WiFi switched on but not connected also drains the battery as the phone will continually seek out WiFi networks.

Just some things to think about!

My Xperia Z has stamina mode switched off and auto-brightness off, plus I use it to fly my Parrot AR Drone and it easily manages a day. I put it on charge when I wake up and unplug it when I leave the house 1 hour later. I then charge it in the car for the 40 minute drive to work. It lasts all day!

oj88

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
You may have applications running in the background that's leaking power. You said that the Vodafone guys transferred everything (assuming that it included the apps), I imagine that problematic app(s) from your previous phone is now affecting the new one.

Try doing a factory reset and initially resist the temptation to restore the apps... Just transfer the contacts and use the phone for a day and see if you still have the same issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress