YouTube mobile data off switch

razzmyth

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi
Is there a switch somewhere for YouTube so that it will only download when there is a WiFi connection?

The last two months I've gone over my data limit because my phone switched off or couldn't connect to my WiFi and I didn't know it.
Unfortunately when your watching YouTube the WiFi icon at the top off the screen is hidden.

Thanks.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi
Is there a switch somewhere for YouTube so that it will only download when there is a WiFi connection?

The last two months I've gone over my data limit because my phone switched off or couldn't connect to my WiFi and I didn't know it.
Unfortunately when your watching YouTube the WiFi icon at the top off the screen is hidden.

Thanks.

Click menu, Settings. It should be in there somewhere.

razzmyth

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
In settings I can turn off background data. But unfortunately that doesn't solve my problem.
I want to be able to set YouTube to only use data from my selected source (my WiFi).

In the App Info, there is a line that states "change network connectivity" but it doesn't give my the option of changing it's settings.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
In settings I can turn off background data. But unfortunately that doesn't solve my problem.
I want to be able to set YouTube to only use data from my selected source (my WiFi).

In the App Info, there is a line that states "change network connectivity" but it doesn't give my the option of changing it's settings.

I don't think you can manipulate YouTube or your device the way you want.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.