considering a z1...

TonyHove

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
For those of you with the phone, what r some of the pros and cons that you've experienced?

Thanks.

Had the phone for a couple of weeks now. So far I have loved the camera (it works really well and you can get some quality shots). Have even managed to take a few cool underwater shots thanks to the phone being waterproof. 2nd best feature of the Z1 is the battery life. It will easily get you through the day with heavy use. On the software side, there's been no lag issues. It's buttery smooth and the Sony skin is very light and hardly noticeable (unlike say Samsung touchwiz).

The screen is fine (I think the viewing angles thing is exaggerated. I have not noticed any real issues). Although the Z1 is a bit bigger than other 5" phones it still feels nice and solid in the hand, even with the larger bezels . the aluminium and glass finish give it a premium look and feel. I am really enjoying it and would put it up there as one of the best Android phones I've used this year (along with the LG G2 and HTC one).

Posted via Android Central App

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
How can you compare it to HTC One?
I am tired of purple tint issue on the One,I tried an S4 for a month but it's boring phone.
I am just afraid on the Z1 for:
-weight and size(specially for jogging)
-speaker is weak for ringtones?
-poor roms and mods quantity (One and S4 have ported 4.4 kitkat)
-Can you make the bottom bar transparent? (where the virtual buttons are)

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
make a list of all the phones you're interested in, search up all the specs and features for each phone, then go into the store and compare. Not a nervous I-don
t-want-the-salesguy-bugging-me in and out quickie, I mean spend a good long time in the store testing out all of the things you do with a phone on each one. Then decide. That's what I did. I had it narrowed down to N5, G2, Note3, and Z1. Then only the Note3 and Z1 made my cut. I bought the Z1 and it exceeds all my expectations.

fredhenk

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Had mine for several weeks. I am a Sony fan having a Xperia Ion / Satio / W95 phone over the last several years. Pros: Awesome battery life. Actually lasts 24 hours without needing charging. Extremely responsive and fast. No lag time in starting or switching apps. Feels great in the hands. Has a quality feel. The screen is very crisp/bright. The earpiece and speakerphone are clear. Am on ATT in USA and was worried about not having lte coverage. Turns out its not an issue at all. Will be taking it on vacation soon and will check out the waterproof design. I have no CONS for this product.

troysyx

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Great phone, wish the auto camera settings were better. Sometimes it can be a bit rough to hold with one hand. Other than that, I really enjoy it