Any tips for battery drain?

mikeyboy80

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Just installed lollipop and done a master reset on my new phone but noticed the battery drained seems a little fast.

Is there anything I can do in order to stop this fast drain?

I read somewhere that I need to remove any apps I don't use maybe?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Let the update "settle in" for about a week. Then see if the battery life improves.

Try to never let the battery get below 40% before recharging.

Removing apps that aren't actually running frees up storage space, but it has no effect on battery life. There's some data in every byte of storage - whether it's an app or random data has no effect on the battery. If you want to keep apps from running, use apps like AutoStart - No root to keep apps from running on startup and Greenify to keep apps from running on their own. (Don't Greenify apps you want running on their own - like Phone or your texting or email apps - or you'll never get phone calls, and you'll only get texts and emails when you run the apps. Timers too - they have to run on their own.)

GeorgiT

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi - I've noticed that my battery drain is MUCH quicker since upgrading to lollipop. (I think about two weeks ago)

Should I do a factory reset?

I've been reading up on RAM etc after above & other posts - should I uninstall all my clean master and one tap boost apps as they might actually be making the issue worse? I had over heating cpu yesterday for first time ever.

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Sony has a section for shaming apps using a lot of battery under 4.4.4, is that still there after the lollipop update?